Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2006, 05:08 PM

Default STT live chat

ok guys, after speaking with some of you and seeing some posts, i think its a good idea that we had an option of live chat. ill be in here most of the time now that my classes are done, and people can come and go as they please. Bruin helped out a lot with a contact list and i think this is a good edition, so here are the details:

the chat is on mIRC (www.mirc.com to DL)
when youre logging on IRC, use the DALnet server, as this is the server the chat is on
the channel is #STT (to join channels you type /j #channel name, so youd be typing /j #stt)

to learn how to use irc better, just go to the help option at the top of the program or join #help if you want to ask questions about registering your nick (username) and what not.

OPS: on DALnet's chat channels the person who makes a room is a channel operator, meaning they (or I in this case) founded the room and have the power to ban people who abuse the rules or OP other people just for regulation purposes. as of now im the only op simply because i dont know who is going to be using this room. if i see a popular STTFer in there a lot and he is generally trustworthy and what not, i will op them to aid me in making sure an op is around (more for DALnet policy than any other reason).

if you have any questions, PM me or IM (Hypotron). ill hopefully see you all there soon.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:43 PM

Default Re: STT live chat

I've used HydraIRC to chat in other 2+2 channels before...can I use the same software to access this channel? When I connect to a server, what should I type in? I used to hit connect, then type in irc.efnet.net (I think, it's been a while).
Old 06-23-2006, 05:47 PM

can you type the full name of the server. i think this wud be a great addition. I'm not in any groups, as my times are very weird, but I'd love to idle in that channel.

also is the channel registered? Is there a pasword?
Old 06-23-2006, 05:51 PM

Old 06-23-2006, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can you type the full name of the server. i think this wud be a great addition. I'm not in any groups, as my times are very weird, but I'd love to idle in that channel.

also is the channel registered? Is there a pasword?

[/ QUOTE ]

when i connect i have it set so it just connects to a random DALnet server...or you can type /connect irc.dal.net and that should work usually.

the channel is registered to me/us and you can just type /j #stt, no password required to get in or to chat
Old 06-23-2006, 06:50 PM

going strong guys, get in on the live chat, any day, any time!
Old 06-24-2006, 01:30 PM

bump
Old 06-25-2006, 01:23 PM

for anyone that hasnt seen this, i figured its a good idea to put it out there one more time. its also sunday so most people will be online playing/sweating people and i think these are the times a live chat (though its going all the time) would be best. curtains has already come innnnn!!!!!!

citanul, can this go in the FAQ?
Old 06-25-2006, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
for anyone that hasnt seen this, i figured its a good idea to put it out there one more time. its also sunday so most people will be online playing/sweating people and i think these are the times a live chat (though its going all the time) would be best. curtains has already come innnnn!!!!!!

citanul, can this go in the FAQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

AMT,

Before this goes in the FAQ it really should be like, live and have people in it most of the time for say, a week or two.

But please feel free to find the FAQ update thread, and put this suggestion in there.

In general I don't read every thread in the forum, so the method you just used for contacting me is a crappy one.

citanul
Old 06-25-2006, 02:22 PM

this sounds like a cool idea, I hope it takes off.