Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 07:04 AM

Default What does a raise...reraise.....3bet mean for hand ranges?

Situation.....

All stacks 100BB, No reads other than all players seem typical for the level of uNL $25. Nobody seems looser NOR tighter than you usually encounter.

You are in Late Position

Question 1)

Middle position raises 4xBB....

What hands are you reraising with....what are you calling with?

Question 2)

After Reraising the initial 4xBB raise to 12BB what range hands should Middle position be calling with OOP?

Question 3) What should MP be reraising with here (this is a 3bet right??) Is it only AA,KK, AKs, AKo unless you are "3Beting Light"?

Any response would be great. I'm sure some of us newbies will find this very helpful in putting opponents on a hand in these reraised pots pre flop.

Cheers
Old 08-22-2007, 07:09 AM

Default Re: What does a raise...reraise.....3bet mean for hand ranges?

1)What I reraise with here is player dependent, though I would always reraise with AA KK QQ JJ TT AK.
2)/3)I come back over the top with AA KK AK fold junk hands and call or reraise QQ JJ TT dependant on villain
Old 08-22-2007, 07:21 AM

3bet is when the person is LP raises the MP bet.

LP range should be dependant on his playstyle, if he's TAG and a thinking player, he can get away with loose 3bets because you will have to respect it, but his normal range may be TT+, AQo

a LAG will be 3betting in position with 88+, ATs+, KJs+, suited connectors

I'm calling OOP depending on how big the 3bet is with anything from suited connectors to medium pp's, but I'll ditch hands like AJs, AQo, or KQs. I call with these marginal hands because I have a lot of implied odds (3bettor must be 100bb or more deep, don't do this against shorties) that i will be able to stack them if i hit the flop good, or get it in with some FE when its a coinflip (pair+fd a gainst overpair)
Old 08-22-2007, 07:28 AM

Thanks for that. Interesting.

I read in Phil Gordon Little Green Book that he would rather call a reraise with small suited connecters than big cards because he is less likely to be dominated.

What if a 3bet is the second reraise what is the reraise after that? When someone reraises a 3bet?

I guess this is only with AA,KK AKs?
Old 08-22-2007, 07:32 AM

Why is everyone so freaking wild about getting it AI w/ AK PF??
Old 08-22-2007, 07:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I read in Phil Gordon Little Green Book that he would rather call a reraise with small suited connecters than big cards because he is less likely to be dominated.

[/ QUOTE ]

With 100BB stacks, the raise is 4BB, say. Then the effective pot is about 10BB (blinds + raise + call) for a reraise, making a pot sized reraise 10% of your stack.

Sounds like crappy implied odds for suited connectors to me. Tournament bet sizing may be different to cash.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a great question....the only reason I put it in the range of reraising a 3bet is because of the books i've read never seem to advise folding AK. (HOH, SSHE...)

But i agree with your question after all you only hit a flop 1 in 3 roughly.................................

I just assumed from all that you read that folding AK (especially AK suited) is a long term BAD -EV play?????

Are people folding AK if their 3 bet is reraised?????????
Old 08-22-2007, 07:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a great question....the only reason I put it in the range of reraising a 3bet is because of the books i've read never seem to advise folding AK. (HOH, SSHE...)

But i agree with your question after all you only hit a flop 1 in 3 roughly.................................

I just assumed from all that you read that folding AK (especially AK suited) is a long term BAD -EV play?????

Are people folding AK if their 3 bet is reraised?????????

[/ QUOTE ]

u mean 4bet , almost always yes ...its very player dependent and ill get it all in with a fish all the time ....but against any semi decent player our equity sux vs their hand range which is QQ/KK/AA ..
Old 08-22-2007, 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Situation.....

All stacks 100BB, No reads other than all players seem typical for the level of uNL $25. Nobody seems looser NOR tighter than you usually encounter.

You are in Late Position

Question 1)

Middle position raises 4xBB....

What hands are you reraising with....what are you calling with?

Question 2)

After Reraising the initial 4xBB raise to 12BB what range hands should Middle position be calling with OOP?

Question 3) What should MP be reraising with here (this is a 3bet right??) Is it only AA,KK, AKs, AKo unless you are "3Beting Light"?

Any response would be great. I'm sure some of us newbies will find this very helpful in putting opponents on a hand in these reraised pots pre flop.

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

1.there's no mechanical answer some players fold a ton 2 3bets , some players rarely fold ...if i feel i have a good image and the player is folding alot of 3bets(if use RT hud it has this stat) ...also i'll 3bet with a wider range when im deep vs another deep player

2.depends if he thinks im 3betting light or not , but its difficult for him to continue w/o a premium hand because of his position ,

3.he should probably 4bet with AA/KK/QQ rly if its value and he doesn't think villain is 3betting light...if villain is 3betting light and isnt vry loose MP should 4bet a wide range of hands ...
Old 08-22-2007, 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
u mean 4bet , almost always yes ...its very player dependent and ill get it all in with a fish all the time ....but against any semi decent player our equity sux vs their hand range which is QQ/KK/AA ..

[/ QUOTE ]

So a 4bet is the term for reraising a 3bet?

Intial raise of 4xbb
Raising to 12BB is 3bet?
Raising to 30BB is 4bet??

So your saying you wouldn't get it all in against a decent player who 3 bet you when you intially raised with AK coz their range is QQ KK AA??

So as a guide (in a vacum and also obviously taking 3 betting light out of the equation for discussion purposes) a "semi decent" player will 3 bet with AA,KK,QQ,JJ, AK (maybe AQs?)?

And will only really 4 bet with AA KK QQ?

Surely calling (instead of raising) a 3bet with AK is ok??