Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 02:32 PM

Default Re: KQo UTG...

[ QUOTE ]
Offsuit broadway is killing me. I get it alot UTG and in MP and i am clueless on how to play it.

for example, the table average vp is 27.4 and the villians are 31,30,31 and 17. I have been throwing these away. Is this woefully stupid; should i be firing away here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd probably leave that table unless one of those 30%er's had some glaring leaks.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:49 PM

I won't fold KQo as it's better than most micro players' ranges, but I'm not 100% comfortable with playing it from UTG.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:46 PM

UTG aren't we getting into some horrible spots? What happens when we're called and we whiff the flop?
Old 08-22-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're not comfortable raising KQo UTG @ uNL, find a new table or get better postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-22-2007, 03:52 PM

Raisy Daisy.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:14 PM

Unless I am sitting at a table where I am going to get to see lots of free cards/showdowns or I have huge fold equity I will drop KQo UTG. I honestly do not think that you are losing out on too much if you drop it UTG.

The key to playing it is to realize that it is not a monster and being very cautious with it once you commit to playing it.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UTG aren't we getting into some horrible spots? What happens when we're called and we whiff the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

c-bet or not depending on flop texture, 2 barrel depending on opponent/turn card, otherwise shut down to further action? doesnt seem difficult
Old 08-22-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

c-bet or not depending on flop texture, 2 barrel depending on opponent/turn card, otherwise shut down to further action? doesnt seem difficult

[/ QUOTE ]

That just seems like it would be ultimately -EV. I've run into so many situations where I c-bet with that type hand, get called, then get a marginal draw or pair on the turn and suddenly find myself putting more into what's become a decent-sized pot.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That just seems like it would be ultimately -EV. I've run into so many situations where I c-bet with that type hand, get called, then get a marginal draw or pair on the turn and suddenly find myself putting more into what's become a decent-sized pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean, do you play AK any differently UTG? Surely, you get put in those same exact situations at least fairly with AK... (minus the finding a marginal pair, which really, since we are speaking of a 1-overcard difference AND having a pair, is a pretty damn low percentage of the time).
Old 08-23-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I personally throw away KQo in that position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Time to stop playing full ring.