Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 03:52 PM

Default Give me permission to call

How not to play KK:

1/2 live
stacks $260
I get red KK in middle position. 1 limper and a tight player makes it $15 to go 2 places before me. I decide to smooth call, and either the limper or a blind calls, I don't remember.

Flop J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (pot $45)
check, PFR bets $20, I feel like slowplaying a little more like an idiot so I call and the other player folds

Turn Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (pot $85)
PFR bets $30 and I'm starting to worry he might have AA-JJ so I decide to just call this.

River A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (pot $145)
PFR bets $50 and I can't think of a hand I beat. TT maybe? I friggin fold? ugh. I go on life tilt after the hand.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Give me permission to call

I don't know what you want people to say. Your preflop play is bad and your flop play is bad. Turn looks okay.

A river call would be terrible. Your awful play earlier in the hand has kept the pot small, and you are way behind your opponent's range. He probably has a set or aces up, and he's betting small because (1) he wants to get paid and (2) he's afraid of the flush.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what you want people to say. Your preflop play is bad and your flop play is bad. Turn looks okay.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been usually been reraising to $40 preflop and that will just take it down there... so I figured I'd raise postflop instead and win a pot that's bigger than $15, but then the board got worse and worse. The flop was a good enough spot to pull the trigger (pot $65 after he bets) I guess.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I have been usually been reraising to $40 preflop and that will just take it down there...

[/ QUOTE ]

The solution to this conundrum isn't to slowplay, its to raise to $40 preflop with more hands and take it down right there.

-DeathDonkey