Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 10:52 AM

Default AKo TPTK \"call and see\"

1/2 live game
Villain 1 (SB) is usually careful postflop but sees about 40-50% of flops for smallish money
Villain 2 (CO) just sat down not too long ago - don't know too much but he isn't a loony.
Stacks
Hero 500
V1 600
V2 250

Hero has A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the button
CO openlimps, Hero raises to $10, SB and BB call with little thought.

Flop ($40, 4 players)
A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
checked to hero who bets $25, SB raises to $60, BB folds, CO deliberates and calls, hero calls $35

Turn (pot $220)
Hero's plan is to pretty much check any card unless it's like a non-spade K, and fold to further aggression on a blank, unless the bet is super-tiny.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:40 PM

Default Re: AKo TPTK \"call and see\"

[ QUOTE ]
Hero's plan is to pretty much check any card unless it's like a non-spade K, and fold to further aggression on a blank, unless the bet is super-tiny.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why? Do you think you're behind? And if so, to what? It may be possible that the preflop gambooooolin' SB may have AT/A7/T7, but if you're behind I don't think the K helps you.

(Also, you have the K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], so all K "outs" — if in fact, they are outs — are clean. This is also important because it sets you up for the nut flush redraw if a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] comes on the turn.)
Old 09-17-2007, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why? Do you think you're behind? And if so, to what? It may be possible that the preflop gambooooolin' SB may have AT/A7/T7, but if you're behind I don't think the K helps you.

(Also, you have the K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], so all K "outs" — if in fact, they are outs — are clean. This is also important because it sets you up for the nut flush redraw if a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] comes on the turn.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, that non-spade K thing is redundancy, which I probably realize! But I still want to check if a spade comes off because CO cold calling scares me (I'm thinking set or FD)
I think I might be behind as I have seen the SB guy refuse to gamble with draws when the money gets big. I consider he might have AQ/AJ but won't fire a big bet on the turn with that. He's the kind of guy that plays a lot of stuff pf because he "can get away from a hand". His range in my mind is AK-AJ, AT, A7, TT, 77, T7s, with the remote possibility of a huge combo draw like 98[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
But I am asking if it is standard for me to call the 35$ raise after this action.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:25 AM

I wouldn't, getting almost 6-1. But I also don't know jack.