Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 05:17 PM

Default Outer Banks, NC

Heading to the outer banks this thursday with the gf for a week. Staying in a house on the beach in Corrolla, which is the northern outer banks. Anyone have any suggestions for food at all, I'm sure we'll just be hanging around relaxing most of the time, but probably try to eat out a few times.

Also we are going during week 1 of the NFL and I'm sad I won't have my 4 TVs and sunday ticket on sunday but luckily the Bengals play on monday night, I thnk we have [censored] tvs though, any nice bars in the area thatd have the game on?
Old 09-02-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Outer Banks, NC

There's a fun bar that's right on the water, I think it's in Duck. Also, I know there are two expensive (by OBX standards) restaurants by Tim Buck II, but their reservations fill up REALLY quickly.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:32 PM

Check out this woman's site. She doesn't talk a ton about things to do, but if you email her she'll have some thoughts.

http://queen-of-the-surf-pirates.blogspot.com/
Old 09-03-2007, 02:44 AM

For mornings:

Outer Banks Coffee Company in the mall at the 800 block.

Bagel place next door is good, too.

I think that Sundog's is the sports bar, just on the other side.

Enjoy!
Old 09-05-2007, 10:31 AM

For the game Sundogs Sports Bar can be a fun time and a good place to watch the game. It's in the strip mall up there so you can't miss it. Avoid the food though.

As far as nice/good restaurants not to familiar around corolla. Duck(about 10-15mins south) has some very good ones. Red Sky and Roadside are recommended. Around $20-25 entrees. Both are located in the village of Duck near Kellogs, the hardware store. Roadside has a terrific and reasonable priced lunch menu. Chicken Roadside salad and the Bacon Cheeseburger are tops.

The big bar and restaurant in Duck, SunsetBar and Grill overlooking the Currituck Sound looks appealing but avoid their food. For drinking and fun can be hit or miss but also very fun at times.
Bluepoint Bar and Grille also in Duck is supposedly very good but have never been.

Going further south towards KDH and Nags Head your options expand but unfortunately the quality does not. General rule of thumb, avoid any restaurant that advertises on the local cable, Mako Mikes, Bad Barracudas....
Mama Kwans, mp 9 1/2 has a killer fish tacos dish and other items like the pork plate are also delicious. about $15dollar entrees

You are coming down at a time when the crowds are gone so you shouldn't have too much trouble getting seats anywhere and the service and quality should be better than if you went to anyplace in mid-august.