Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 09:06 PM

Default How to play KK in this spot...?

No reads on villan. Looking for help and comments on this hand.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1621089

I'm also kind of curious as to what handranges you put him on.

I'm thinking he will raise a set somewhere before the river, and i also think he could play a naked ace of hearts this way. Am i way wrong, or is my reasoning justified? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thank you in advance
Old 10-23-2007, 09:29 PM

Default Re: How to play KK in this spot...?

Reload PF and this one is probably an easier decision. I like a bigger raise PF but that's just my personal preference.

Your flop bet looks pretty scared $4.20 into a $6.75 or maybe i've been living in the land of the "bet pot" button for too long.

Usually I would make a decision on the turn here to check and let him act, whether to C/R AI, fold to a large bet, or block bet river to a check behind. I probably lean towards the first option here if he lets me.

If you were good on the turn you're prob. still good on the river here. The only hand that was behind and caught up is J10 and it looks unlikely unless villian sucks. Thing is he's either got a Q and called you down, or he outflopped you and was letting you do all the heavy lifting.

As played I think we have to call here, but am willing to be convinced otherwise.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:46 PM

This is from Betfair where you usually buy in for 50bb rather than 100.

You're right about my 4.20 bet, it does look a bit scared, but doesn't that just invite worse hands to call, which i don't mind? If he outflopped me, i might still have outs since i have the king of hearts, and if I'm ahead i have to keep betting for value/protection right?

Checking the river also lets him try to bluff a busted acehigh flushdraw, but that also means i cannot fold?

Any further advice here?
Old 10-24-2007, 09:16 AM

No more advice?

shameless bump [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2007, 09:15 PM

You would bet more on the flop for value, i think you'll find that villian is either calling or not regardless of size (with a few extreme exceptions).

I understand what you're saying about protection but you're either way ahead or behind here I think, and without reads I think checking the turn with a plan is significantly better than betting with the intention of waving the white flag at the river.

It looks to be a gross spot and personally I have trouble with these kinds of players myself, I think you're beating enough hands to call here.
results?? 44 or was it something ugly?
Old 10-24-2007, 10:00 PM

I think the flop bet is perfect, how does 2/3 pot look scared? The turn bet is good, and I like the river c/c. You will see a missed flush draw and a Q here a decent amount of time. If he flopped a flush so be it, he probably should have raised you on the turn. If he hit a set, he DEFINITELY should have raised you somewhere. I think you will see a flush sometimes, but you will also see hands you beat often enough with the odds youre getting I think.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:38 PM

Yeah this spot sorta sucks.
Firstly bet more preflop. Charge people to see a flop when you're gonna be OOP. I'd probly make it 3.50 preflop.
Also i'd bet pot on the flop. If anyone has the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] they're not gonna fold so again charge them to play on.

On the turn against an aggro opponent i might check raise all in. Otherwise i might just overbet shove the turn (although your bet sizes make it too big a shove). I think villain struggles to fold AQ here and i also don't think the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is folding that often. Even so i still dunno if it's that +EV.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the flop bet is perfect, how does 2/3 pot look scared?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right I've caught the FTP disease, that said I still like betting more for value on this board.