FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 10:20 AM

Default HHOS

The HHOS:

Limit Holdem
NL Holdem
NL Omaha H/L
Limit Stud H/L

The mix of games is limit and big bet poker as they need different talents (intuitive thinking for limit, intuitive feeling for big bet). This makes it not only complete but possible to play seriously also the forms where one is not that good, where one plays even just to lose as little as possible, not making any more money than the amount one doesn't lose.

Limit stud hl supports better the extroverted intuitive thinkers but the main point is that it's the best stud (no point and ignorant to play other studs as they don't rate as the best forms and should go into the history) and no science in poker is no way complete, though also Omaha H/L is more science but it mixes with aggression and big bet poker that needs feel too. The tables will possibly be eight handed (not only because of stud but also as a compromise maybe as when it's six handed there's more speed, more action while the balance and solidity is still good. I would prefer the six handed games but those will be online too as non-rated games of HHOS) and eight hands per form are dealt before moving to the next form. One can enter the game any time but can't leave (without losing the blinds and antes during the remaining rounds after one will be sat-out and kicked out) until all forms have been played (after the software will ask if one would like to play another "round").

These are played as cash games (in tournaments cash style with infinite stacs or no cash style will be collusion). These tables are rated games that will score one status and open doors to sponsored tournaments (the only place where tournament form is used), and all masters (1% of all good poker players) will enter into the world championship tournament - that has to be played as no-cash game as there is no other way; the best scores will go to players who make most collusion deals.

NL Holdem is for the TV so to say, and only because one can make good reads at it it's possible to play as NL, as otherwise it would just be a game that would lack action as one needs to hold more cards to play big bet poker. Holdem, other than that, is a limit game, shorthanded and heads up. And as a whole balance must be kept between limit and big bet poker. The main reason of H/L is that it's the best way to play poker other than when it's e.g. Holdem. Also to be notes that in HHOS there are high only and H/L for both big bet poker and for limit poker.

Limit Omaha H/L is a useless games as it has too small bets (limit as a split game is a joke, not counting stud) and less chance to make reads compared to stud, and the pots are split more often, that's not good. It's a known fact that even a major fish can win a tournament in that form. Additionally it sucks too much rake to be playable and vs. aggressive players no-one wins (I have run simulations). Stud replaces that form, no point including an inferior version of hl limit poker (the big players still play the limit form some of the time but they are wrong). H/L is so also played both as limit and NL. There's no baloney from anyone when it's played NL rather than PL as one can just move someone ALL-IN, if that's what it takes. It's a new addition in to the poker awareness and is getting more popular as its limit hl form became over the high only form. Though it will not become as popular as NL Holdem as its harder to read what's going on, but among good players it just may become very popular (people will also understand to drop the PLO and limit form of Omaha H/L when they get the correct picture). The mere rocks can be beaten at NL Omaha H/L as the game supports aggressive play, and the too loose calling stations won't have good enough odds (though still have a chance for a split). No point to play low only poker (and all it really counts are the reversed high cards, no pairs etc., an inferior version of high only poker). No PLO is chosen as it's already included in NL Omaha H/L that's the better one of these two. All it turns out to be good is Holdem and the H/L forms of Omaha and Stud. So, it's (H)HOS if that's used (the HORSE is just for a fancy name - e.g. it would be better if HOS is HOUSE or even a HAT - and has been protested against already as HOSE, but we are not Spanish and the E means nothing, HORS8 - three 7stud games, and all forms are limit forms, no NL Holdem, no PLO, and it's supposed to be the best). In the future it will become clear that card games that deal so many cards are played as H/L, that "Stud" is played as H/L, and "Omaha" is played as H/L. By the way, there's still time to cash in on the NL Omaha H/L games in a bigger way as it's not only not popular among good players yet but there isn't much material out there about how to play it better. It's also a more complex game, making it really a real game, likely rated as the number one poker game as a skill game. It's truly impressive that the big poker boys play its limit form only and all people seem to mainly miss it on their texts.The reason is not that's its not popular as the big boys play triple draw loball, Chinese poker, razz, and no-one even dreams of ever playing NL Omaha H/L, and it's the most skill taking and complete poker game out there, something that puts poker on the same line with Bridge and Chess.

The HORSE was the first major step (online. Offline the big boys have been playing mixed games a long time - though at one time Brunson played only NL Holdem but that was his best game and that's past history for maybe him too, and it's time to see the new world of poker as it's going to be) toward poker like it will more popularly be played in the future, but HORSE/HOSE is not the best as it's so inferior in so many ways. There will also be e.g. HH and OS tables but they will not be rated, the main point in those combinations is that one seriously gets to play also forms one is not talented at, as no-one is both an intuitive feeler (e.g. Hellmuth [Ne], Negreanu [Ni], Ivey [S], Antonius [S], Brunson [S], Todd [S] and all or most all big bet poker players that are the best) and an intuitive thinker (e.g. Sklansky, Zee, Miller that are also extroverted intuitive thinkers, Mason, Cooke - Cooke is an introverted intuitive thinker who is the strongest at extroverted thinking that's clear from his texts as well as the look - all same personalities have similar looks).

The double vision (sensor seeing and intuitive seeing, especially extroverted) is not what many best poker players in the world have as they are more often than not sensors (weak at inner vision that gives the info when using a double vision), and also they are not as math pointed as limit H/L though STs have something there (at math, while personas like Duke and Hellmuth have dominant extroverted [that's introverted] intuitive [visuality] feel, so they should do fine with the double vision and big bet poker), but as being only an intuitive feeler like the STs are, I wouldn't think they do well in double vision games (they only have extroverted sensing - like seeing - with up to a photographic memory in cases) though they play limit form too of hilo, but in that case they should do still better at big bet forms.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:55 AM

Default Re: HHOS

i think a modern mix game could be something like
NL holdem
limit stud
pot limit omaha
2-7 triple draw
stud 8/b

so it would have little of everything
Old 06-27-2007, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NL holdem
limit stud
pot limit omaha
2-7 triple draw
stud 8/b

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm quite keen for this mix (i'd like to see 1/2pot badugi in there too).

can you recommend a way to set the blinds/bet sizes in limit/big bet mixes like this one so theres ~the same amount of $ going round on each game?
Old 06-27-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
NL holdem
limit stud
pot limit omaha
2-7 triple draw
stud 8/b

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm quite keen for this mix (i'd like to see 1/2pot badugi in there too).

can you recommend a way to set the blinds/bet sizes in limit/big bet mixes like this one so theres ~the same amount of $ going round on each game?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the best solution would be to play them all pot limit.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:01 PM

Friend you know how crazy the world we live in is?

Unless a decent acronym is found your HHOS will die. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-27-2007, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Unless a decent acronym is found your HHOS will die. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Throw in another Omaha for HOHOS.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Old 06-28-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

I am from UK so I don't get the joke. What is the big deal with HOHOS?
Old 06-28-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 06-29-2007, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.