Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2007, 08:41 AM

Default Crypto is abnormal

Parbet just moved to Crypto and it took just five hands to (again) see Crypto is abnormal.

1. I am on the BB vs. SBoc (the moron). I raised him on the turn with two pair and he called with Q3

(board AJ52 - I had J2). He lead bet river 3 and I called beating his pair of threes.

2. Next I get pocket aces on the SB and the lucky player open-calls on the 3B with 99, the moron calls too. I raise prefllop and the flop comes 95x (99 had about two outs for that).

3. Next the same lucky player open-raises J8s and makes a flush at the river. (I wasn't on the pot.)

4. The next hand the same lucky person open-raises AT and makes a one card nut flush at river. (I wasn't on the pot.)

5. The next hand I get AK and raise the moron who limps with A3. The moron wins the pot with his 3+ outs, betting his pair of threes (BP on the flop of Q83) at river for value after I checked the turn with position figuring he would try to bluff the river. He then lead bet river 3 - the smallest pair on the boar. Vs. this type I lose extra at river when I miss no matter how scary the flop is as he will come out betting any pair at river.

This is not how the cards should run, nor the way players should play in case that's some factor too (true poker is one of the major places where people play very much like people play though the cards may not run 100% normally). This was a random sample, not some sample that happens sooner or later.

This wasn't my first time at crypto, I played a little play money when they started years ago and played a little free money I got at their lowest $1-$2 limit and in both cases neither the game nor the cards were normal.

I know one player who has played over 20K hands at Crypto and did well so it doesn't mean one can't win there, just that one would be crazy or would become crazy playing there, and after that trying to win at some normal site would not be easy.

I don't like playing at sites who do not have a good enough random number generator (not to mention more normal players), and it's also dangerous when one runs bad as the drops in cases will be twice as large, and one needs to adjust to different type of deals, where the cards do not come out randomly from the deck. I generally just get out from the site when ever I face it, at least till the cards will start to run normally again (possibly never at crypto). Things always go normally elsewhere so there is no reason to keep playing somewhere where the cards (suddenly or generally) do not run normally.

I have been around ever since 1999 when Internet money poker started and I know how cards run and players play at Paradise, UB, Party, Stars, Tilt, WPEX, True, new poker.com (the old had the Prima shuffle), Mansion, Pokerroom, Prima, Doyles, and some others but I haven't played enough in them.

When one starts playing places that generally speaking deal normal cards are Party, Stars, Paradise, Poker.com, Pokerroom (all skins are generally the same as in all other Networks), Doyles (though I used an EU skin), True (very human). But what happens after that, and at details before that, is a different story. The other places mentioned here do not deal random cards (1-on-1 play and to some lesser degree limit play is a different strory at Prima, the nl-one is nowhere near random).
Old 01-15-2007, 08:45 AM

Default Re: Crypto is abnormal

a 5 hand sample?!? Call the papers man this [censored] be serious.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:48 AM

your mom is abnormal
Old 01-15-2007, 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

2. Next I get pocket aces on the SB and the lucky player open-calls on the 3B with 99, the moron calls too. I raise prefllop and the flop comes 95x (99 had about two outs for that).

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohh fascinating, thanks for clearing that up. Damn those lucky players and their 99s. What was the exact number of outs, though? 1.8?
Old 01-15-2007, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a 5 hand sample?!? Call the papers man this [censored] be serious.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP has a recently developed prototype pattern mapper which only needs 5 hands to produce a 99.45% confidence level.

Thanks for the info OP...I'm never playing on Crypto again.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:17 PM

Crypto please come back to America!
Old 01-15-2007, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Crypto please get more than 5 players

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-15-2007, 01:01 PM

where do people like this make their other 200 posts?
Old 01-15-2007, 01:03 PM

Your name is abnormal.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:04 PM

Finally my first time saying it:

YSSCKY!