Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: this rule...
OMG YES GILD PLZ HELP 10 47.62%
wtf no ppl should be allowed to make horrible threads!!! 11 52.38%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2007, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Poll: Who is worse Yang or Gold?

Both were intially annoying
Gold was more of an ass, while Yang was just annoying (and inappropriate IMHO)
Gold seems to have gotten better since his win, and seems to realize how lucky he got. Will Jerry Yang in one year...don't know but I doubt it. I vote Yang
Old 10-12-2007, 05:42 PM

Gold at least had a persona and some personality. What casual player can identify with Yang? The Anti-Moneymaker. Just what poker needed right now.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you're an idiot

[/ QUOTE ]

+ ban
Old 10-12-2007, 11:02 PM

I thought Yang played rather well given the dynamics of the final table. He is also a much better human being than gold, I kind of like him despite all of the weird god stuff. I'm sure he'd get eaten up in any cash games with decent players though.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:45 PM

Saying either suck is a stretch but I'd rather watch Gold than Yang. Yang came across as the guy who doesn't fold but wins (Gold did last year too, but at least he got paid off when he hit hands and saw flops).
Old 10-12-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF, this poll is liking asking who's sexier between Rosie O'Donnell and Star Jones.

Who cares, they both suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

please ban for anti gay/racist sentiments
Old 10-13-2007, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why all the hate for Yang?
What is the difference beyween "just one time" and "god give me a 4".

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell, I am an atheist and I am appalled that any Christian would ask God to give him better cards than his opponent, out loud, on TV!

If I were God I would give his opponents one-outers on the river to punish him for being a greedy sod and asking my divine self for something so selfish. I would give him KK and a flop of KK7 against an opponent with AA, then I would give running aces to bust his ass!

[/ QUOTE ]

Every single time he played
Old 10-13-2007, 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why all the hate for Yang?
What is the difference beyween "just one time" and "god give me a 4".

[/ QUOTE ]

I think asking God to give you a card to win a poker hand is significantly worse! I would be amazed if there weren't a lot of Christians that are appalled at the idea of a person claiming to be a Christian asking for God to help him win at poker. I think there should be something in the constitution about the separation of church and poker!

Hell, I am an atheist and I am appalled that any Christian would ask God to give him better cards than his opponent, out loud, on TV!

If I were God I would give his opponents one-outers on the river to punish him for being a greedy sod and asking my divine self for something so selfish. I would give him KK and a flop of KK7 against an opponent with AA, then I would give running aces to bust his ass!

[/ QUOTE ]
You're a mean God. Kids don't like you, do they? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2007, 06:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Gold last year was worse for me. He was too damned arrogant. Yeah he had all the chips and played well, no one else really came close to him. I gotta give credit to Yang for starting the table as a short stack and within about 15 hands he got the chip lead.

[/ QUOTE ]

i remember wasicka talking about how people were blowing up left and right to give jamie all the chips last year. thats exactly what happened to yang this time. heīs drawing dead to 2 outs for his tournament life if childs doesnīt make a ridiculous fold, he dodges 15 outs on the river being all-in with top pair vs hilms huge draw. pretty sure almost everybody would have won the whole thing with the chips he had once hilm was busted. i havenīt seen him fold to one single raise/reraise/reraise all-in after that. heīs just another retarded calling station.

and thats just the poker player. talk about "iīm a devout christian, so i deserve to win (while othters donīt)", "you have a friend for life", dancing like a monkey after winning a flip-coin, his mother screaming "halleluja" all the time [censored] ...

even worse, none of his winnings will stay within the poker community.

heīs just one big nightmare.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:47 PM

Yang is probably the worst main event winner, sorry but I love jamie gold compared to him and i hate jamie gold.