Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 04:17 PM

Default Cool Birthday Present For Girlfriend

My girlfriend's birthday is coming up and I'm in need of gift ideas. In the past I have bought her nice dresses, okay jewelry, lingerie while taking her out to dinner the night of and that's usually well recieved. I'd like to do something a little bit more this year. I was thinking of booking a trip to some place cool and accompanying her. Not only would this be cool for her but it would be cool for me. Snowboarding somewhere would be cool. The thing is, she is pretty materialistic so she might want a "real" present. I'm just tired of buying clothes and [censored]. She doesn't really have any hobbies outside of school/becoming a doctor. Is there anything I could buy that a soon to be med school student would appreciate? Essentially I'm looking for a unique gift that's not clothes/jewelry. Help me!
Old 10-05-2007, 04:20 PM

Default Re: Cool Birthday Present For Girlfriend

Buy her an MCAT review course. From your description, I'm sure she'd appreciate the practicality of the gift.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:21 PM

This thread has been done about a million times.

2 things stick out in my head:
- If you don't know your gf enough to get her something special, you should break up
- Your gf sounds like a uninteresting materialistic person, you should break up with her.

Trip sounds like a cool idea and if that isn't good enough for her then you should break up with her.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:22 PM

Spa day.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:24 PM

Quit using the word "cool" so much. She'll love it!
Old 10-05-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Spa day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea, with a salon trip to get all pimped out. It can be expensive though. My friend does fake eye lashes and she gets paid $200 a pop. That's just downright crazy if you ask me.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Spa day.

[/ QUOTE ]

works 100% of the time
Old 10-05-2007, 05:32 PM

Spa day will not work. That kind of stuff does not appeal to her (even though she takes care of herself).

She has taken the MCAT already but that wouldn't have been such a bad idea if her birthday was a few months before.

It's not that I don't know enough about her it's that I'm thinking there might be some things out there that other people have done that I have never thought about. I know there have been other threads like this but none took off, maybe for good reason, but I think there are a lot of guys in my situation every now and then and I don't see why this thread shouldn't come in handy for at least a few people. Suggestions so far have been good. Mas?
Old 10-05-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Spa day will not work. That kind of stuff does not appeal to her (even though she takes care of herself).

She has taken the MCAT already but that wouldn't have been such a bad idea if her birthday was a few months before.

It's not that I don't know enough about her it's that I'm thinking there might be some things out there that other people have done that I have never thought about. I know there have been other threads like this but none took off, maybe for good reason, but I think there are a lot of guys in my situation every now and then and I don't see why this thread shouldn't come in handy for at least a few people. Suggestions so far have been good. Mas?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're asking the wrong people... seriously... call her friends...
Old 10-05-2007, 05:50 PM

Closed Thread