Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 01:00 PM

Default Re: AI:Fixed?

[ QUOTE ]
deleted by GrannyMae.

content completely OT and useless.

[/ QUOTE ]

EDIT: I have deleted this comment as well. Admittedly also useless.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:41 PM

ok, i know i said i wouldn't post anymore except in emergencies... well this is an emergency.

no way is AI completely rigged. they might monkey around with power voting totals and so forth, but i don't think it's predetermined as to who goes home or ultimately wins.

what i think does happen is that they push contestants hard and ridiculously simon will proclaim a winner the last week and then many lemmings will vote for that person.... and bearing in mind, i haven't watched in awhile, it was painfully obvious to me who that person is/will be.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for posting the link, I welcome all contributions, but I don't believe it.

P.S. The Anerican Patriot Friends Network is reporting (100% serious) that the moon landing was faked. It's not as reputable as Hard Copy, admittedly, but they are respected journalists nonetheless.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a really bad example to try to make your point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't even realize I was making a point. Just thought it was funny. If I was to make a point I'd say it's approximately as likely that AI producers know the order of elimination in advance as it is likely that the moon landing was a hoax. But that's just my opinion, and not based on anything other than intuition. As I said, I appreciate the thread but I simply do not believe it.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No wonder I don't listen to Howard Stern -- these are the weirdos who believe the crap he talks about.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-12-2007, 03:26 AM

Does this have anything to do with Buffy the Vampire Slayer?
Old 05-12-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for posting the link, I welcome all contributions, but I don't believe it.

P.S. The Anerican Patriot Friends Network is reporting (100% serious) that the moon landing was faked. It's not as reputable as Hard Copy, admittedly, but they are respected journalists nonetheless.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't even realize I was making a point. Just thought it was funny. If I was to make a point I'd say it's approximately as likely that AI producers know the order of elimination in advance as it is likely that the moon landing was a hoax. But that's just my opinion, and not based on anything other than intuition. As I said, I appreciate the thread but I simply do not believe it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean....you do know the moon landing was faked right? I thought everybody knew that.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean....you do know the moon landing was faked right? I thought everybody knew that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Andy Kaufman, is that you?
Old 05-13-2007, 04:27 AM

This wouldn't surprise me. In Japan they had a show called Asayan, which was exactly the same idea as AI and in fact AI probably just ripped off the show's elements, not that idol/talent shows were really a new thing, which was basically found to be completely fixed by the yakuza. Of course in Japan the entire music industry is controlled by organized crime; I don't think it's really like that in America anymore but I could be wrong.
Over there the actual quality of music is secondary to things like image and personality, which can be said about the US as well but not nearly to the same extent. Besides all the national TV publicity, the idea behind a rigged audition is that because people everywhere think that someone who won a "fair competition" must be talented, they can basically push almost anyone through with a cute face and give them a huge aura of legitimacy. The example everybody talks about from this show, and probably the reason why it was canceled, is Ami Suzuki, who was/is so bad vocally (far worse than anything I have seen on AI other than joke rounds, makes Sanjaya look like Sinatra) that she never could have advanced in a fair competition. After winning and putting out a couple of #1's due to working with the greatest dance/pop producer in the history of music, Tetsuya Komuro, she tried to sue to get out of her contract because she wasn't being paid and her agency was evading taxes, which led to the rigging stuff coming out in trials and her eventual blacklisting from the music industry there.
So this stuff definitely does go on and while in America there isn't the massive media-government-organized crime collusion to make a scam and coverup like this seem likely it is still possible.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:17 AM

So is Hellmouth a character from something? Or is it THE Hellmouth from Buffy the Vampire Slayer? These are very important questions.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ha. My work blocked the link. Thanks for the summary.

[/ QUOTE ]
Possible work-around: Put the link into Google search- click through to the site from Google. This bypasses most company blocks.