Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2007, 02:55 AM

Default MGM Grand room

I'll be at MGM in August. What are the lowest NL and limit games that they spread? Also, do you get free drinks playing something like 1/2NL? Any comps for 1/2NL or 3/6 limit? HOw are the games?
Old 07-02-2007, 02:56 AM

Default Re: MGM Grand room

when i was last in vegas 2 years ago the cheapest games were $2-4 limit and $1-2 NL $40-200 buyin. of course u get free drinks, anywhere in vegas.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:49 AM

www.allvegaspoker.com

$2/$4 Limit
$1/$2 No-Limit

Free drinks for all games.
Games are nice and easy.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:48 AM

Played at The MGM 4 or 5 days when I was out there in March. Lowest games offered were 2-4 LHE and 1-2NL. I played 4-8 each day I was there and the games were super soft.Overall a real nice room.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:51 AM

I agree. Played there for 2-3 days in early May and I enjoyed the room. Good staff and good games (at 1/2NL) with lots of action. Played against quite a few drunks there late at night.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:06 AM

Like all $1/2 tables, it depends on the randomness of the universe. I've been at some tough tables, and been at some real soft ones. In fact when I last played at MGM my table was very tough. But I seriously doubt it's always, or often, the case there.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:46 AM

MGM games are great. So is the room. You do get $1/hr on your player's rewards card (sign up before you play with the board) and you can use them at just about all of restaurants and the buffet - just as for a ticket before you go eat. They expire after about two years so if you go more than once a year you an let them accumulate. Heck you could even earn a free dinner at craftsteak...

The bar and studio 54 traffic offers great views... if you do get on a tough game, table changes are easy to come by and they are very helpful.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:30 AM

I play @ the MGM 4 weekends/yr. I love playing there. Limit games are 2/4, 3/6 and 4/8 and are enjoyable soft.

IMO, here are the only negatives in the room...

There is a group of young locals who work on their LAG play @ the limit games late at night. So don't get suckered in by their "drunk stupid" act. If you ID them, it can be to your advantage to go with the loose play they whip up.

The bar next door can be really loud as the waitstaff jumps up on the bar and tables and dance.

Limit games often dry up and die about 4 am and often have no sign of life until noon. NL is 24/7.

Some people don't like having dealers play at their game. Lots of MGM dealers come back and play. The good news, most suck. I've encountered only one I had to watch out for.

On the good news side, do get the Players Club card and use it. The food credit isn't much. But my wife likes the small slots and with really limited losses, our rooms are free. She gets better Players Club offers than I do.

So if you play your Players Club cards right, you reduce your costs on your next trip. Enjoy.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:41 PM

Rake?
Old 07-02-2007, 02:38 PM

Standard 10% to $4, no jackpot or other drops.