Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2006, 05:54 PM

Default Sites with good sign up bonus?

I'm sure lots of people posted this already... but i can't seem to find the thread.

I'm looking for good sign up bonuses that i can take advantage of.

I've looked through PSO already and the bonus forum but none seem to tell me which to do first. i have around $200 to spend.

Any suggestions on which one and how to sign up?

Thanks
Old 01-18-2006, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Sites with good sign up bonus?

There is an Internet Bonuses Forum and an Affiliate Forum. Check the forum list on the left. Also check the classified ads at the top left of this page.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:12 PM

is there a few specific ones that you guys can name to get me started?

I only know of partypoker instantbankroll with pso right now that basically gives $100 for free. Can you guys help me name a few more?

Thanks!
Old 01-18-2006, 06:57 PM

Playing at a site that is right for you is more important than the bonus. A bonus is worthless if you can't stand the software or if the games you prefer are never available, because you will never clear the bonus.

Spend some time on the Internet forum to get a feel for the different sites, then look for bonuses at the sites that look right for you.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:14 PM

Tons of links and previous posts that cover this. Try out the search feature, beginner FAQ, etc for more info
Old 01-18-2006, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is there a few specific ones that you guys can name to get me started?

I only know of partypoker instantbankroll with pso right now that basically gives $100 for free. Can you guys help me name a few more?

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]
First let me say welcome to the forum!

I would suggest this link as a start.
Building a Bankroll for newbies - revisited

On the OP there you will find a link to homers original post which has additional info. Read both of these post completely as they address the questions you are asking specifically.

You will also find very good information in the stickey post at the top of the forum called Links for Beginners and I encourage you to read this as well. The information will help you as you build your bankroll.

Monty
Old 01-18-2006, 10:58 PM

dont go to absolute poker unless you have enough money to play medium limits; atleast 1/2 no limit. the 200% bonus sounds really nice, but after you play .50 and $1 nl for a month and only have a quarter of your bonus cleared... you get a point for each $10 pot, and every 100 points releases $10 into your account.
Old 01-19-2006, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dont go to absolute poker unless you have enough money to play medium limits; atleast 1/2 no limit. the 200% bonus sounds really nice, but after you play .50 and $1 nl for a month and only have a quarter of your bonus cleared... you get a point for each $10 pot, and every 100 points releases $10 into your account.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the very reason you want to keep in contact with sites like www.bonuswhores.com so you can take a real look at the rakes and compare them.

Sites make a lot of money off small guys flashing big offers which can mislead if you don't know the whole deal.

I actually like absolute but it is not a site for someone building bank off bonus deals unless your rolled for it.

Monty