Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 07:06 PM

Default KK and checkraised on drawheavy flop...

Villain: unknown but seems loose-aggressive(about 30/20 but only 35hands) so far. Villain are not a complete donk, makes standard 4xBB preflop, and have been involved in some pots and have played them all aggressive and have shown strong hands in showdown.
Hero: have been playing tight-aggressive and have fold to 3 bet preflop once but havenīt played a flop so far.

How to play this hand from flop to river?

Texas Hold'em NL $0.05/$0.10

Seat 1: x ($10.40 in chips) DEALER
Seat 3: Villain ($11.24 in chips)
Seat 5: x ($13.73 in chips)
Seat 6: x ($11.21 in chips)
Seat 8: Hero ($9.40 in chips)
Seat 10: x ($18.24 in chips)
Villain: Post SB $0.05
x: Post BB $0.10
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Villain [--]
Dealt to Hero [SK HK]
x: Fold
Hero: Raise $0.40
Villain: Call $0.35
*** FLOP *** [S5 S3 C4]
Villain: Check
Hero: Bet $0.60 should I bet another amount? check?
Villain: Raise $1.80
Hero: ?
Call must be best play here? If I raise I can only make a bluff fold, set will push, draw will push, Pocket Pair will maybe push to. Raise must be worst play because then I will get stacked against set and gamble against draw. A worse Pocket Pair may fold. Letīs say I call...

*** TURN *** [S9] Pot 4,5$

Villain check? Hero?
Should Hero bet(50%of pot?) and hope Villain got PP like
88 etc.. and then check river if villain check. If Villain was bluffing Villain will fold and Hero avoid a possibly river bluff. Also if Villain got set flushcard may have scared him and he just check-call and check river and Hero check behind and get to showdown as cheap as possibly. If Villain got set and check and Hero check behind on turn Villain may value-bet river(Villain have been aggressive so far) and then more than 50% of pot that Hero would bet. If Hero get check-raised again Hero must fold.

Villain bet again on turn Hero must fold?(If not Villain make an unlikely minibet but Villain ainīt that kind of player)No way a Villain would 2nd barrel if Hero call a check-raise on flop? If so Hero will prodably win it back later. What if turn would have came blank and villain bet again Hero must fold? Lets say Qd Villain bet Hero fold? Villain check Hero of course bet and If Villain check-raise Hero fold.

*** RIVER *** [CA]

I think the river would have been played by it self after turn if turn would have been S9. If Hero would have bet turn and Hero check-call and lead river Hero fold no matter what the river is unless its a K of course or a spade that gives me flush then i call. Villain check Hero check.
But if it would have been an overcard to the flop that not completes draws Q,J etc on turn and river CA villain check again after have check-called turn should Hero bet again? If Villain was a callingstation I think I would valuebet. But isnīt unlikly that a villain call river with 77,88 etc

Would like to hear how other would have played it.
And how the hand was played? Well I am new to poker and of course got stacked on flop Villain had 44, but it will not happen again... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2007, 07:12 PM

Default Re: KK and checkraised on drawheavy flop...

Raise to 0.8 preflop.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:14 PM

Since villainīs aggressive, you could consider a limp/reraise preflop, it doesnīt have to be a big raise, just to make it easy to commit if you flop an overpair.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise to 0.8 preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you regularly open for 8BBs?
Old 11-05-2007, 08:01 PM

8BB? I think 4BB are good standard at these stakes and if I bet 4BB and suddenly 8BB it takes a complete idiot not knowing that I have AA or KK and he would still call with 44 anyway because of the implied odds if he knew hes math and then It would be every hard to get away from the hand if he flops set if I only raise 4BB i can get away (learned my lesson in this hand). I never limp preflop if I limp and reraise he know I got AA or KK prodably I dont like to give my hand away so I standard raise 4BB with any hand.

I consider preflop standard so its more postflop I want to know how you all would have played.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:24 PM

Shove flop. You want draws to call and most overpairs will call as well. The combos of both of those outweigh the combos of sets, etc.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:14 PM

I did shove flop and thats the way I have played before but I donīt like it and always I get stacked against a set when a player in the blinds call preflop and check-raise flops they mostly have sets. Here I got position and this is a set flop I think just calling is best if he had and overpair like 77 would he not just bet on flop and win it right there 77 aint to strong and he prodably want to win the pot right away, check raise with overpair are a advanced play and I don`t think many at microstakes would do that they would just bet out and because hes aggressive I also think that he would bet out an overpair here I have seen him reraise with AQs from SB before so I am sure he would raise me preflop with JJ+ and maybe even TT-88 he like to 3 bet preflop... when he call I think he has 99- or AJ,Axs if he has a draw I would like to get all-in but I think just calling is best because I got position and I think I can put him on set,overpair or draw on turn so are not calling best here? OOP I would still shove.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:22 PM

Is it possibly not losing all my money here? I think it is but am I wrong must I shove flop doesnīt I have a choice? Am I just suppose to lose all my money in spots like this is it just bad luck when someone hit set on flops like this when I got KK? So many scare cards that can come on turn is it stupid not shoving? Should I just accept this things happens and I will lose all my money becasue shove is right?
Old 11-05-2007, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise to 0.8 preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
ya that would be really smart.

not
8BB y does he not just go all in
Old 11-05-2007, 10:20 PM

Researcher youre just running bad then. You should be winning money over time against an unknown or someone with those stats here.