Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2007, 04:17 PM

Default Sex after babies?

So 'Chair and I were just out to lunch at the Cheesecake Factory (yum) and got to discussing sex... standard. Our conversation landed on the topic of having babies and how that can really change a woman's body.

My question (or fear?) is: does having a baby totally change the vagina and make sex less pleasurable for either or both parties? I know that having a baby affects women's bodies differently (for instance, my mom had a 6-pack when I was a toddler, but then you see the moms on Discovery Health channel who have like six inches of hanging skin), and I'm wondering if perhaps it's the same with the vagina?

I'd love to hear from any of you married-with-kids guys or perhaps any of you who have just banged a lot of moms. Is the tightness gone after childbirth? Temporarily or permanently? Better yet, have any of you had any experience with vaginal rejuvenation surgery?

I'm expecting a lot of "Ewwww gross!" reactions but if you think about it, this is something that will probably eventually affect a lot of the people in this forum, if not already. So spill the beans!

EDIT: I am not planning on having babies for another ten years, I'm just curious.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:19 PM

Default Re: Sex after babies?

from what i have been told, kegels still work even if you've popped a few out. however, breastfeeding makes your nipples look funny, might want to watch out for that.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:26 PM

just make sure you have a small baby and you got nothin to worry about
Old 03-04-2007, 04:28 PM

lawl @ larry,
I think I read in either Glamour or Marie Claire that it takes up to a year before women are physically comfortable enough to have sex again (post baby).
Old 03-04-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lawl @ larry,
I think I read in either Glamour or Marie Claire that it takes up to a year before women are physically comfortable enough to have sex again (post baby).

[/ QUOTE ]

which is fine cause it will take at least that long for the little [censored] to sleep through the night anyway
Old 03-04-2007, 04:32 PM

i've had sex with several women who had kids, and i never noticed too much difference from a before/after perspective..
Old 03-04-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lawl @ larry,

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a horrible generalization. 3-4 months is closer to standard.

My wife has had two kids and there is no discernible difference in pre- and post-baby sex. Now, she works out and keeps in shape so YMMV.

Oh yeah, sex after 35 can still be good.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:07 PM

FFK-

I can tell you that I have done hundreds of vaginal exams on women, some who have never had a baby and others who have had several and there is very little difference in feel.
Some women do feel especially tight before having kids but I think the difference is minimal.

NT! is right there are a lot of exercises that can restrengthen pelvic and vaginal muscles.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:24 PM

I have a child and was with my son's mom for a long time (before and after obviously).

There was really no difference pre or post child in "tightness," or what not... but there was a huge difference in boobs. When I met her she was a smoking hot 9.5 who was 5'6" and about 118 lbs with full, perky C's. After the pregnancy, her boobs deflated and I've heard it's very standard. During the pregnancy they swelled up to DD though, which was fun for a while.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, sex after 35 can still be good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ewww gross!