Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 08:15 PM

Default Re: If you are feeling bad about yourself, read this

[ QUOTE ]
i don't know what you expect people here to say to you other then stop slacking and get your [censored] done

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't want to sound too harsh, but you're number one motivation should be not to feel like a [censored] loser and man up when it comes to your responsibilities. Not having a passion is one thing but you have to get over it. Search hard for what you want to do but in the meantime, just do what you have to do.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:19 PM

I'm a really bad procrastinator also. The only way I can get my work done is to make myself go to the library and sit in a study room for a couple of hours. I'm actually about to go now until it closes because I have a lot of stuff due tomorrow. Also, if you don't need the internet for your work, cut it off... it's a big time waster for me. So just set up a time to go to the library every night and try to stick to it. I know it sounds kinda obvious, but it really helps.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:37 PM

Serious response:

It's possible that you suffer from depression, or have some other type of affliction. You should really see a doctor and get checked out. It sounds like you want to do things, but just have a hard time when it comes to the actual doing.

Good luck pal.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:52 PM

Here is another one of my procrastination stories to give you an idea of how much of a degenerate procrastinator I am. This is from last tuesday.

last tuesday I had a test in my math class (the one class I must pass this semester or i can't transfer in 08). I had to take the test that day since thursday we had the day off due to thanksgiving. I go to school at 8 am in order to study and catch up on 5 chapters or so of reading which I had not done any (and for a procrastinator like that you know that is impossible). About an hour before the test I decide to email the teacher and beg him to let me take the test some other time. Up to that point I had not done ANY reading and I basically sat in the library with the book open, playing with the laptop and looking at all the cute girls passing by.

So I email the teacher, beg him to let me take the test some other time, go home cursing myself and saying that I would use the thanksgiving vacation in order to catch up on work.

Well...tomorrow is tuesday, tomorrow is class time, I have done NO READING on any of the chapters during the thanksgiving time off. I am back where I started, coming up with schemes to save myself (I am skipping class tomorrow).

We have 4 tests in this class, I got a d on the first 1, a 0 on the second one, I got 1 more plus final. I must get a c and pass this class or else im history.

cliff notes: big test last tuesday, skipped it due to having done no reading, swore to study during thanksgiving vacation, tomorrow is class again and have done nothing.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:25 PM

Is this a level?

You honestly skipped a test because you didn't do the reading? Did you not go to class either? Shouldn't you be able to get SOME points just by guessing?
Old 11-26-2007, 09:41 PM

Quit school and work full-time. School isn't for everyone.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
OP,

Just in case you don't clue in, this is what's known as a 'level.'

In other words, this should be your last resort. By a mile.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
OP,

[/ QUOTE ]

May not be a level. My happiest friends said [censored] school and went into a trade. They are happy, and rolling in the $$$$.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
OP,

[/ QUOTE ]
Not necessarily a level. It's true, some people are not cut out for a college education.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:33 PM

I wasn't always this bad. Last semester I was still a procrastinator but I did stay till morning hours doing homework at the last minute. This semester I have let myself go. No late night study sessions, no late night homework sessions. I always just say "ok ill do it tomorrow, ok ill email the teacher and ask for more time" always coming up with get out of jail cards.

This semesters i have stopped caring even though I care a lot or else I wouldn't be posting this. I just can't get myself to do anything. I know when stuff is due but ill go watch tv, go on the net, go to sleep or whatever. I can't help it I know it's killing me!