Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 11-23-2007, 04:06 AM

Default 2 hands completely butchered deep OOP against same villain

I'm not playing well deep against aggro non-retarded villains. Two examples. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Any advice (generic or specific) is appreciated.

I know the hands are grossly misplayed, but I don't understand the logic behind making other decisions.

Villain is TAG 19/13/3.57 with 37 wwsf over 5k hands but plays quite aggro against me. He's claimed to have bluffed me by floating my flop checkraises and has folded to my 5bet allins some times when he had 4bet preflop ~130BB deep. He's on slight tilt currently as donks keep bullying him successfully.

My TI is also TAG (on the nitty side preflop, on the aggro side postflop); I don't like to fold much and I think he may have noticed that.

Hand 1.

Headsup (table just broke down). Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and covers. Villain is BTN and has $2165.

Villain raises to $30, Hero calls (didn't want to inflate pot OOP but I think it's a mistake in this pot).

Flop T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($60)

Hero checks, Villain bets $48, Hero raises to $170 (ok let's protect my hand now), Villain calls.

Turn 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($400)

Hero checks (errm ok he is either floating or has something I guess so let him bluff again or control pot if he has me beat?), Villain bets $280, Hero calls.

River 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($960)

Hero checks, Villain bets $400, Hero...? (I beat very little but he could have been floating)

Hand 2.

4-handed. Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and covers. Villain is BTN with $2000.

1 fold, hero raises to $35, Villain 3bets to $108, 1 fold, Hero calls.

Flop T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($231)

Hero checks, Villain bets $180, Hero calls.

Turn J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($591)

Hero checks, Villain bets $420, Hero...? (villain has $1292 behind)

Plan for river if we just call?

P.S. x-posted with leggo; I hope that's alright.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:13 AM

Default Re: 2 hands completely butchered deep OOP against same villain

1. I pretty much always 3 bet PF, if you coldcall preflop I don't like the flop check raise at all. The flop texture makes it an even worse spot to checkraise because he will continue with so many flush/str8 draws and get great implied odds since you are so deep. If I call preflop I just call flop, that way turn pot will only be $150 when the 7 peels off. I might call a decent turn bet too and reevaluate river, that 9 sucks soo bad I think river is often a fold though.

2. Play it the same, turn is a fold since the only PP you're ahead of is 99 and even then he has a good equity for a str8 draw plus a Q could REALLY suck on the river.