Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 11-16-2007, 11:11 AM

Default Is pokertracker a must for 25NL and above?

I am a 10nl player and i am interested in moving up now to 25nl and was wondering if you think pokertracker is necessary for it. or do you think a solid abc poker style should be enough to be a winner in this game. i cant imagine 25nl to be much harder then 10?
Old 11-16-2007, 11:16 AM

Default Re: Is pokertracker a must for 25NL and above?

I never foudn 25nl to be harder than 10nl, if anything I found it somewhat easier becuase there were a few less comlete idiots putting me on tilt but just as many fish for the most part. That said, Poker Tracker and PAHUD are helpful at any level once you have a good sample size on an opponent becuse youw ill know their tendencies.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:34 AM

They aren't necessary at any level. Together they are helpful when you find yourself playing against a lot of different players (huge player pool). Also if you plan on doing the right thing with respect to taxes you will need to keep records on all your table sessions. This would require a lot of effort without PT.

Right now I use PT for record keeping only. I actually stopped using a HUD because I play better without it.

Lucky
Old 11-16-2007, 12:07 PM

It can also help you find leaks in your own game, once you've played enough hands. I wouldn't play without it at any level.

--klez
Old 11-16-2007, 03:38 PM

i find PT is needed at any level, just so you can study where you lose more, and patch out the leaks.
pahud, is a must if you do multi-table.
1 table-2 table, PAhud is a waste of money, because you can do it on your own.
4+ table, you definely need to invest PAhud
Old 11-16-2007, 04:54 PM

PokerTracker is a must....there's simply no way to describe how invaluable the data is; both on yourself and your opponents. When I learned how to play, there weren't any good NL books - I spent hours upon hours studying the hands I had logged in my database. I'd still suggest that over anything else to a serious developing player.

PAHUD - only useful if you are being exposed to more information than you can process instantly - generally because of too many tables (a good thing in this case). I've joked before that its worth $25 just to have the hole-card overlays (mucked hands/board at showdown displayed on screen) because that's enough information usually. Anything else you can get from the program is nice, but not useful unless you can effectively read the data.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It can also help you find leaks in your own game, once you've played enough hands. I wouldn't play without it at any level.

--klez

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the key here, it helps u play better buy finding ur leaks and finding leaks of ur opponents if they are regs, after just about everyone session I go back over the big pots I won/ lost and see what I could have done better. After say 50,000 hands u can also see what hands u are/arent playing correctly and where u win/ lost money.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:42 PM

PT will 100% help you with your game, even if you want to keep grinding in 10NL, it will help you.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:06 PM

Yeah, it's definitely a good idea to keep track of your game regardless of the level your playing at. That's just sound poker strategy and shouldn't vary by level.