Voters: 380. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2007, 09:59 AM

Default Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

this has gone on wayyyyyyyyy to long.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Evidence has been supplied to sillysal otherwise she would not be able to have a third party investigate on her behalf.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not believe this to be the case. As far as I am aware, the respected third party has easy access to FTP personnel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for that correction.

Mike, in your opinion should we now just await further input from eithier you, sillysal or FTP? Speculation is getting us no further.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:01 PM

Wow, it takes FTP 3 weeks to come up with 3 players that have similar stats, which, as presented is in no way proof of botting at all. Then sillysal is expected to mount a defense within hours and damned for the inability to work out a defense 100 times quicker than the prosecution could present a case. Now to me the real damming evidence against FTP is they claim they will distribute sillysal's bankroll to the other participants but no mention of redistributing the rake off all those thousands and thousands of hands.

Yep, really above board actions. < sarcasim intended >
Old 11-05-2007, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ive never really had a huge opinion either way, but if the total evidence people are basing their conclusion of guilt on in this thread is that stat stuff then maybe im missing something.

As far as i can see, 3 accounts played very similarly. Hold the presses.

This doenst prove botting, this doesnt even prove multiaccounting. In my opinion anyway.

Put it this way, i could pull up PT which has a chunky database of mined hands - then pick out a 2+2er in that database. Then i could search for several accounts with similar stats. Then from this you will all know without a shadow of a doubt that this person is running an AI program and is a cheat. Right?

Again, not saying im taking any side here (i do love playing devils advocate however) - but whilst im sure there is more important "evidence" here what has been posted in this thread doenst come close to being anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that those stats alone do not prove that OP was cheating/botting, however, i doubt FTP was basing its decision on those stats alone. Remember, that FTP said that it will not divulge much of its information because others would then know how to get around their security.

I know that if i was in OP's shoes i would demand that they present all their proof, but FTP does not operate under US Law and is under no obligation to turn over their findings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, im sure FTP isnt basing everything on what is presented - but a lot of people are not keeping an open mind here when they were pretty vocal about her innocence at the start of the thread. All that has really changed is some largely useless info that shows nothing bot related was released and FTP has said "yeah, she is guilty and stuff".

I dunno, im kinda done with this thread - im coming across as defending someone who on the balance of evidence likely is guilty. But ultimately what we know is if a site wants to take your money and tar you as a cheat then there is no recourse you have legally and that ultimately you wont even find out what you are accused of or the evidence that has been used to "convict" you.

Ive no idea if Sal has recieved more evidence than that email and the MH post - but if that is all she has been given then that is a pretty worrying conclusion imo.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:21 PM

Can you [censored] retards who are complaining about FTP making this decision based only on those stats posted please STFU. Can you people read? Haven said that it was only an excerpt from the evidence they sent him. Also, I'm not sure if this is the case, but FTP probably didn't even send him ALL of the evidence they have. So those stats aren't even close to the full evidence. Stop [censored] bitching for once for wait for his review.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I dunno, im kinda done with this thread - im coming across as defending someone who on the balance of evidence likely is guilty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that everyone here with a clue understands that you're criticizing the process, not defending the accused. All the people on the "ZOMG she's innocent!" and "ZOMG she's guilty!" bandwagons are being simple. Neither they, you, or I have the information needed to make such judgements.

Also, how the hell did this get dropped into MH's lap. It seems like a ton of hassle for little reward. Props to Mr. Haven for his work on this.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:26 PM

Interesting thread, anymore updates?

I do agree that these poker sites need to disclose some information when situations like this arise. They can't just say "we will not release any information" and close accounts at will b/c it certainly looks like robbery.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:05 PM

yeah i played with pokergirl z before and lost and i didnt get no moeny.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i played with pokergirl z before and lost and i didnt get no moeny.

[/ QUOTE ]
So you got money, then? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Seriously, grammar nitting aside, it's a little too soon for that. FT only just seized the money, I doubt you'd see anything the very next business day even if they do find you are entitled to some. Plus, hopefully they are allowing a little time for any possible appeal or response from pokergirl before they start handing money out.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:12 PM

Ive no idea if anyone has emailed FTP or if they have a rep watching this thread, but ive a question i think might be important:

Assuming the judgement is true, and that Sillsal has been using multiple accounts and running a bot - at what point did this start?

Sal has stated she has been a player on FTP full time for aproximately a year - why wasnt she caught earlier, is this a new thing she has done and if its long term how many people are going to be refunded? If we are talking a year of cheating, why wasnt she caught earlier?

If she has been cheating for one year at high stakes limit, then surely we are talking figures well in excess of 47 grand - will the site fund the difference?

Obviously no info will be released on the investigation and i suspect most of what i ask is unanswerable whether by choice or ability, but i think the follow up to this judgement should be elaborated on by the site if nothing else.