Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 01:13 AM

Default I\'m deep, hit bottom set...and am thinking of folding?!??!?

Villian seems to play tight and straightforward. I don't have PT stats since I was playing on my laptop. I have re-raised him PF 3 times in the last 20-30 hands so he may feel I was picking on him (I had AA, AA, & AKo respectively).

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $53.15
BB: $104.10
UTG: $12.00
Hero (BTN): $143.20

Preflop: Hero is dealt 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $5.50</font>, Hero calls $3.75

Flop: ($11.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $7.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $21.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $65.50</font>, [i]Hero realizes he should have Pokerstove installed on this computer...
Old 08-08-2007, 01:20 AM

Default Re: I\'m deep, hit bottom set...and am thinking of folding?!??!?

The problem is that you can wait and pick a better spot, but he is doing this with AA, KK, QQ,JJ, QJ, AQ also. You are ahead of the majority of his range, althought unless he was tilting, I cant see him three betting QJ preflop unless he was getting upset with you.

If its as you say and you have been beating up on him so to speak I think I will stack off here 100% of the time. If you are beat, so be it. Given your description however, he may be upset you have been playing at him, and is going broke with AA.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:21 AM

so your afraid of a cooler?

given your read and the fact that you raised flop to get it all in and got your wish, I say push
Old 08-08-2007, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so your afraid of a cooler?

given your read and the fact that you raised flop to get it all in and got your wish, I say push

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT
Old 08-08-2007, 01:41 AM

For 100bbs-150bbs this is an insta-push, once I get over 200bbs I start reconsidering. This villian seems competent and very tight. I do not think QJ is in his 3betting range. I also don't think he 4bets the flop with AQ this deep. I'm also a little nervous about the size of the 4bet. A 4bet push makes me think he has AA/KK and makes me feel more confident about calling/pushing.

Also, I don't like the logic that because you I got what I wanted on the flop, that I'm committed to pushing. New information came up and I'm not committed to the hand yet.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:46 AM

tight players go broke all the time with overpairs. and here are there are twice as many combos of overpairs than there are sets. plus tight players don't reraise JJ pf usually and alot of times call pf raises with QQ.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:07 AM

I would shove fast. I would need a read that

1. He will fastplay the nuts on fairly dry boards when the money seems to going in anyway. It is not like it will be difficult to get the money in if he just calls the raise.

2. You have seen him fold or seen him slow down with an overpair when faced with aggression. Most players, myself included, automatically puts the opponent on top pair and tries to get the money in asap with AA.

Nah, even with those kind of reads I would probably shove. We are not that deep and it is a rr pot.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:21 AM

This is a really easy push
Old 08-08-2007, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a really easy push

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the in-depth analysis.

I got a chance to Pokerstove it. Against a range of JJ+ its a call, throw in a random QJ its an easy call.

If his range his AA, QQ, JJ (is it reasonable to play KK this way? What does he beat?), I have 42% equity.

Against a very tight player what range 3bets PF, then 4bets the flop bet?

I had never considered actually folding a set on the flop before till this hand but I do think this is way more marginal than a couple posters have stated.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:05 AM

he 4 bet, thats aa or kk or maybe qq, not jj IMHO, if you had PT stats, it makes it much easier to discuss his hands, your missing hte point that with the dead money in the pot, plus the large chance your ahead here, i almost always make this call-- yes he could have you dominated but without PT readings and a strong read on this player, he would play this the same way with aa kk or qq here, ur ahead 2/3s of the time and this is another reason why bankroll management is so key