Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2007, 11:48 AM

Default Dealing with LAGs

I play 2/4 with some 3/6 aand 5/10 mixed in. There are a couple of regular LAGs at these levels that I have no idea how to beat. They usually end up tilting me, when they 3-bet their gutshot on the turn vs my TPTK or 2-pair and hit on the river. I try to be patient, and never sit in front of them. Over thousands of hands, how can I be a loser against them. LAGs are about the only players I don't get real fancy with. Just value bet my good hands, and don't stick 50 bets in with draws. Take free cards when I can get them, because they love to checkraise every street. The long run has to be soon, I am sick of losing to them(mostly one in particular) If you play 2/4 you probably know the one I am talking about. The guy who is a spew donkey and has a neverending bankroll.

I tell myself to just stay away from them(him), but it is like an addiction. I HATE LAGs. I especially hate them when they repeatedly suck out in huge pots.

I can't help but think what it would be like if I caught a sick run of cards against that spewtard.

Let it out in the open people, it feels good to say it:

I am obsessed with beating the LAGs.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:52 AM

Default Re: Dealing with LAGs

what site we talkin here PS?

Id be surprised if u couldnt eventually beat the kind of lags who 3bet stupid [censored] on the big streets but the other better post flop LAGs are not easy to beat in the least, just avoid them id say.

a good lag tag 30/20 type is a tough tough opponent and likely better than u so dont sit as his tables esp if ur on his right (he wants u on his left too actually if ur straight TAG).
Old 03-30-2007, 12:00 PM

Yeah PS. Oh and I'm not talking about the 30/20's. This guy is a 50/25/3 and spews like a monkey, but always sucks out against me. I guess I'm not looking for stategy advice, just wondering if these types of players tilted anyone else, and made them obsessed with beating them.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Take free cards when I can get them

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, if a LAG gives me a free card then I just fold the next street b/c he obviously has the nuts.

Seriously, it is good that you're choosing your seat wisely and playing your best. I for one am gonna save my machisma for my karate dojo and find another table with an easier game when a big LAG sits down with me. Maybe when I'm a much wiser and skilled player I'll tackle the lags.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:22 PM

Best advice is let him bet your medium strength hands for you, and content yourself with the wealth of Sklansky$ that you are building up which will come good over time.

Also, turn off the chat window, just to A) avoid the temptation and B) not see his jackarsery if he's that type. Also, do you play 1/2 sometimes, I could swear I've played agin' you in the last few days.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:38 PM

I think Schwatt plays $2/4. At least I remember seeing that name, or very similar, on some of my tables over the past few days.

The 50/25/3 guys shouldn't be that hard to beat as long as you stay committed to showing down anything decent and let him bet your marginal hands for you. Easier said then done. I don't mind playing against them, but if it gets down to 3 handed and it's me and 2 LAGs, I have to leave. They eat me up at that point.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:43 PM

you just have to accept the beats occassionally with a monkey like that. it'll be a high variance game, but highly profitable too.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, do you play 1/2 sometimes, I could swear I've played agin' you in the last few days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive played a little bit of 1/2 the last few days trying to recover from a 500 BB downswing I had at 2/4,3/6,and 5/10.

I also play some full ring along with ~6-8 6 max tables.

I recognize part of your name as well, your stars SN *****pooh**?
Old 03-30-2007, 05:14 PM

Yerp. How bad do your notes say I suck?
Old 03-30-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yerp. How bad do your notes say I suck?

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem pretty solid so far, I only have ~200 hands on you. The only thing that stands out is you are a bit passive with TAG VPIP/PFR.