Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 03:21 AM

Default Re: Analyzing alternative deposit methods

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
adanthar:

Please take a level-headed look at the eCheck option on Stars and give me your opinion. It looks like Stars set up their own processing company. Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

can you withdraw using echeck, or something similar??

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, once you make an initial deposit via eCheck.

[/ QUOTE ]

How big of a deposit does it have to be? Because right now I have next to nothing in my bank account.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
adanthar:

Please take a level-headed look at the eCheck option on Stars and give me your opinion. It looks like Stars set up their own processing company. Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

can you withdraw using echeck, or something similar??

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you can. I just emailed Stars about this. If you make a small deposit by e-check, you can withdraw directly to your checking account. Ship it. Holla!
Old 01-18-2007, 03:55 AM

$25 is the min deposit amount with Echeck my friend has been using this since the bill passed and loves it
Old 01-18-2007, 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
$25 is the min deposit amount with Echeck my friend has been using this since the bill passed and loves it

[/ QUOTE ]

So basically all you do is deposit $25 on Stars through the E-Check option, and then you are free to withdraw however much you want from your Stars account back to your bank account? There is no real process to go through like there was when you set up Neteller?
Old 01-18-2007, 04:06 AM

OK, so I just researched Click2Pay, but their site is very uninformative. It doesn't state if there are any fees, or anything.

I did find this however: "With multiple funding options for more efficient finance, CLICK2PAY provides you with an effective <font color="red"> eWallet </font> for quick, reliable transfer options."

If it truly is an Ewallet then we should be able to shuffle money between 4 of the big 5. Then I guess we'll have to use echeck for Stars, unless we can convince them to start accepting Click2Pay.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, so I just researched Click2Pay, but their site is very uninformative. It doesn't state if there are any fees, or anything.

I did find this however: "With multiple funding options for more efficient finance, CLICK2PAY provides you with an effective <font color="red"> eWallet </font> for quick, reliable transfer options."

If it truly is an Ewallet then we should be able to shuffle money between 4 of the big 5. Then I guess we'll have to use echeck for Stars, unless we can convince them to start accepting Click2Pay.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the exact conclusion I have come to.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:28 AM

Interesting -- from Star's Neteller FAQ http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/real.../neteller/faq/

Stars suggests alternate methods, recommends instant eChecks and ePassporte. No love for CC? Also, ePassporte at some time in the past week or so (last time I logged on) has revamped their website so it no longer looks like a total POS.

[ QUOTE ]

We are happy to help you choose the deposit method that is right for you. PokerStars recommends using Instant eChecks which is a quick, secure and convenient way to transfer money to your account.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Another funding option we recommend is ePassporte. ePassporte is a pre-paid and re-loadable virtual Visa. You can transfer funds from your Visa, MasterCard or bank account into your ePassporte account and then make an ePassporte deposit into your PokerStars account.

[/ QUOTE ]

edited so I don't freak any of the easily freaked who would be freaked for 1 min till they hit the FAQ themselves and read that Stars does of course list CC as a funding method, they just didn't give it a nod in theWhich deposit method does PokerStars suggest I use? section
Old 01-18-2007, 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why do you not list ePassporte? Seems like the most commonly accepted site...

[/ QUOTE ]

epassporte charges $5 for every $100 deposited

[/ QUOTE ]

From their website:[ QUOTE ]

Deposit/Load
Credit/Debit Card: US$5.00 per US$100.00 load or portion thereof
US Checking Account: US$5.00 per US$100.00 load or portion thereof for the initial load., then US$2.00 per reload regardless of amount reloaded.

Withdraw
ePassporte Visa Virtual Account Holders may transfer directly to a US Bank Account for a flat fee of US$2.00 per transfer. Non-US bank account holders can request a bank wire transfer for a fee of US$50.00. ePassporte Visa Virtual Account Holders who purchased a Visa Card can withdraw funds at millions Visa and/or PLUS ATM locations worldwide for just US$2.00 each transaction.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sure reads to me like it costs 5% for deposits via credit card. $5 for your intitial checking account deposit and $2 for every subsequent deposit transaction. Withdraws to a checking account seems to be $2 per transaction.

Now their definition of a transaction:
[ QUOTE ]
Standard: $500 maximum transaction amount Max 10 transactions, Max 5 loads
Select status: $1000 maximum transaction amount, Max 10 transactions, Max 5 loads

[/ QUOTE ]

But here is the key:
[ QUOTE ]
ePassporte Personal Account Holders may alternatively contact our Account Holder Services Department to increase their limits by providing additional personal information and documentation.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can increase your limits even further than $1000 per transaction. Even at a maximum of $1000/transaction, that equates to 0.2% which doesnt seem too bad to me.

I'm not sure how high they will let you go but if you can get it raised to say $10K. You are only paying 0.02% which is pennies...
Old 01-18-2007, 04:45 AM

ePassporte gives you the option to attach a (real) Visa card to your account, for an annual fee of $35. Purchasing items from a merchant with that card doesn't cost anything extra, that's why I like it.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:01 AM

You can keep your money in the click2pay account like at moneybookers or neteller- in the actual account at their site, so it's an e-wallet.