Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2007, 11:01 PM

Default i play weird

taggish dude. mp and bb are awful

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, MP folds.

Turn: (5 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

River: (5 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>
Old 04-11-2007, 11:29 PM

Default Re: i play weird

river is v bad. what do u think he is folding

cc'ing is better than betting
Old 04-11-2007, 11:33 PM

Jesus, what happened preflop? I hate river. I'd rather just check/fold. I think c/c might be the next best option (I think it's not very good) and I don't see the point in betting because his hand does not contain a pair and he's not folding a diamond. Of the hands that don't contain a pair or a diamond you beat every one except AK.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:01 AM

I think pf is close between the call and the threebet, so really you just have to do what you think strategically will work out best for you on the flop. (IOW, do you or do you not want initiative from oop into 3) The answer kind of depends on if you hit the flop or not, so yay poker.

Given that, a flop checkraise may be a better play to isolate yourself against CO's pf iso range (which you're ahead of enough) unless you think the awful player will call two cold with overs. If they will, then I like the check/call.

fourflushed river, small pot, oop, weak made hand - checking and probably folding seems the best option. Betting won't fold any pairs and will get you bluffraised by worse hands in a spot you won't want to call.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:07 AM

yeah guru pretty much captured my thoughts on pf and flop. I'm usually 3betting pf but sometimes just call, I think it's close but most flops I'm popping the pfr and isolating then. this seemed like a bad flop though because these two freaks will call here with an over and a bdfd.

dunno what i'm thinking on the river except OMG HE'LL FOLD AK
Old 04-12-2007, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think pf is close between the call and the threebet, so really you just have to do what you think strategically will work out best for you on the flop. (IOW, do you or do you not want initiative from oop into 3) The answer kind of depends on if you hit the flop or not, so yay poker.

Given that, a flop checkraise may be a better play to isolate yourself against CO's pf iso range (which you're ahead of enough) unless you think the awful player will call two cold with overs. If they will, then I like the check/call.

fourflushed river, small pot, oop, weak made hand - checking and probably folding seems the best option. Betting won't fold any pairs and will get you bluffraised by worse hands in a spot you won't want to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually think a bet might fold a pair on the river. The problem is that he has a pair like never.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:12 PM

his turn check almost always means he has overs w/ a diamond, as he's betting pairs on the turn, and will often fire one more with the rest of his range that doesn't have a draw. And so little of his range that beats u (AK) will he fold on the river.

btw, i 3 bet PF esp with COs range being wider than normal with a crappy mp.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:44 PM

Is he folding more than 20% of the time?
Old 04-13-2007, 04:17 AM

The flop should have been an easy c/r. So what if somebody behind you cc's with junk?
Old 04-13-2007, 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah guru pretty much captured my thoughts on pf and flop. I'm usually 3betting pf but sometimes just call, I think it's close but most flops I'm popping the pfr and isolating then. this seemed like a bad flop though because these two freaks will call here with an over and a bdfd.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think you are missing value preflop.
- CO should know MP sucks and raise him with a lot of weaker A's.
- Also if you call it will get 4-way a lot. Are you sure CO will c-bet every flop that misses him? Obviously he bet this one, but that seems reasonable with a good A. You dont think flop checks through a lot?

Oh, and why is it bad if the 2 donks calls your flop raise cold with 6 outs each?