Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2007, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Inside the mind of a nit (pooh-bah post)

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the kind words.

I'm curious though, any thoughts on my 'theorem'?

I just sort of threw it in there... any one care to support or dispute it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have enough experience to say one way or the other on the theorem, but I finally got around to reading the link and thought it was interesting.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:19 PM

vnh, sir
Old 07-03-2007, 04:43 PM

I like your post a lot, and it contains a lot of the things I've been thinking about lately

I'm glad you talked about smiling, as it is something I have not applied to poker but as a psych major I can say it holds a great deal of validity. The idea is that we are constantly evaluating ourselves and constructing our own self concept, so if we know we are smiling we assume its b/c we are happy!! YES, humans really are that simple in certain respects!

Physical exercise relates to this as well. It has its own unique benefits, but it will also increase your confidence and make you happier, which will allow you to make better decisions.

Being able to see showdowns is very good for hand reading. I like to play omaha or other SNG's when I am tilting and I really want to play.

Also, I've noticed since I've been in a serious relationship I feel I need to account for my actions more and this alone has greatly reduced my crying calls.
feel good about yourself and you will see yourself as someone who plays well and then you will play well.
We are just advanced monkeys, after all
Old 07-03-2007, 05:33 PM

The_Main,

Awesome life-relating-to-poker advice. One thing I really appreciate about this game is that, to really succeed, you have to have a lot more than your poker game in check. To play optimally - you have to eat right, have a sleeping schedule that works for you, be emotionally strong, keep yourself healthy mentally, eat smart, etc.

I have a list of things I do that (IMO) help my winrate that have nothing to do with actually playing poker. These include things like eating breakfast, exercising in the morning, limiting caffeine, eating well, staying positive, etc.

I know I am not the best player I can be right now, but I am thankful that in trying to become that I have improved myself in many ways
Old 07-18-2007, 09:53 AM

this is NOT a pooh-bah post. this is a PSA. read the master sticky for definitions. either change the title of this post to PSA or write another post that deals wil specific strategy that can be used at the table. the very end sort of bryshes on it, but it is not enough.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this is NOT a pooh-bah post. this is a PSA. read the master sticky for definitions. either change the title of this post to PSA or write another post that deals wil specific strategy that can be used at the table. the very end sort of bryshes on it, but it is not enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad day, BT?

I think most of us really enjoyed this. Won't be much longer before it will be time for yours. I look forward to it as well. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2007, 11:46 AM

In fairness BT is right, this is a PSA post. But, who cares. I thought it was a right ripping read. Thanks Mr Main, or can I call you "the"?
Old 07-18-2007, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I never looked up the definition so I could be off with my post, but frankly, I don't care.

Call my post whatever you want, it's all generally helpful advice, and was the best way I could think to give back to the community. It outlines that which I feel I do better than most, and something I feel gives me a distinct edge in my games.

As I've mentioned, strategy posts are all around, and I think that portion of the game is easier to master than those thing which I have outlined. Take it for what you will.

I'm glad some of you were able to enjoy it regardless.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:23 AM

thanks man this post really helped me!
Old 07-23-2007, 04:16 AM

the main you are a coward and a disgrace to canada