Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2007, 07:39 PM

Default Re: IRS wants your money

The tax gap would be zero if there were private tax collectors. However, the gov't would spend more than they take in any event.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The tax gap would be zero if there were private tax collectors. However, the gov't would spend more than they take in any event.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually the privitazation of some government services is an idea that has some merit. I come from a state where they had privately run DMV services, they were able to make a buck and provide much better customer service.

Now how you protect privacy rights with something like the IRS I again don't have a clue. But they managed it in my old state with DMV infromation, and once you have DOB and a SSN you can pertty much go any where on the 'net........

D$D
Old 10-01-2007, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
None of you understand what itemization truly means. ALL BIG MONEY POKER PLAYERS THAT ARE NOT PROFESSIONALS ON THEIR TAXES WOULD PROBABLY OWE THEIR NET WORTH!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure I know what itemization trulky means, I've been doing it for decades now. As for your comment all in CAPS, that is ludicrous in regards to Federal Income tax. If you are really a "bigmoney" player the Federal tax consequences will be minimal. Depending on which State where you reside I do agree it could make a great deal of difference, my suggestion is to move to another State if you don't like their tax structure.

Jimbo