Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2006, 06:00 PM

Default Re: Big draw but scary call from button 200NL

I didn't noticed that, that hand-converter have been giving me problems before. My bad.

What hand would call a shove on turn that we actually beat? (225 more to villian, if we raise flop to 75)

Imo, it seems like a push on the turn makes every hand that we would like to call (FD, 10, JJ-QQ and so on) fold. Obv, hands that beats us call.
As stated, he's a fish, but not a total moron.

Edit: I do care about preflop, but I'm aware of the small raise pre, I'm usually doing it bigger.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:12 PM

Ok, didn't realize you were so deep here. So, shoving is not good.

He's shown he like's the hand on a pretty drawless board. He has more hands you are ahead than you are behind IMO. I think JT, KT, 88 type hands are all likely here.

So, is he calling with those hands? That's read dependent. If the answer is no, then I think you have to check here and try to induce a weaker hand to bluff. This will also mitigate the times he has a 9 and you lose less.

If you think he'll call down with those weaker holdings, then I would be betting for value. Even if you are behind, you have outs.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:16 PM

I think he is capable of calling with those hands you just mentioned for a small bet. It's just that betting small on turn just feels so friggin weak.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:18 PM

this hand is so ugly
Old 12-04-2006, 06:19 PM

feel free to explain.

You might wanna consider not talk about preflop action, the converter is showing wrong potsize and it's already a fact that the raise shoulda been bigger (lOl at making it a huge "miss")

Potsize is 21 on the flop.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:30 PM

I dislike pf, but as played, is a flop lead horrible?
Old 12-04-2006, 07:02 PM

I don't get this hand. You're BB? But you and the hero check it to the sb on the flop? Did you just straight min-raise his lead bet on the flop or did you somehow checkraise someone? That will affect the hand. I mean a min checkraise on a draw like that seems poor, but it could get a check from behind you on the turn, if that's what you're looking for. As stated, the min raise either way makes a 3-way pot with you in the middle very possible. Obviously, you're trying to avoid that. Either raise big or just call. A cold call from the button could be a bigger flush draw or a similar hand like 78s (possibly diamonds). As played. I think turn is an easy check. Maybe you're beating one and it is possible that you have them both at this point, but you're probably looking at a call here, if not an all in move from the button. I mean... you could also be drawing dead on 9T, 9K, something like that. If button was drawing, I think he checks a 3 way pot on that turn and if he wasn't... well, I hope you're beat.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:50 PM

Now when you mentioned it, the converter seems to have screwed up more then just the potsize. I'll take a closer look next time. Anyway, I think we can conclude that we should raise the flop bigger (not just isolate SB), and prob. try to check it on turn if called by button.