Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: RB
S. Jackson - KC 10 28.57%
J. Addai - @NE 8 22.86%
M. Morris - Oak 4 11.43%
R. Brown - @Chi 4 11.43%
W. Lundy - @NYG 7 20.00%
R. Droughns - @SD 2 5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 09:25 PM

Default Re: *Official* Superuser T-Shirt Thread

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just going to throw this out there one last time.

I think the shirt can either try to do a lot at the risk of confusing people...
Or try to be mostly an inside joke that many players in events will understand- but few outside the events will.

I think people have to decide what they really want.

As soon as you stick Absolute Poker in any form on a shirt I think it gets confusing, not to mention various legal issues I have no opinion/training on.
And I would never put Mark Seif's name/image in any form on it.

There's a pretty big difference between posting something funny in a BBV thread where nobody will take it seriously/ we all understand the humor of it, and walking around in public with it.

I like "superuser" "potripper" "363" and the 9h2h soul read logo all a bunch as general ideas.

From there it is unclear to me whether the shirt sould remain fun/clean and potentially interesting enough for people to ask about them (esp if many are wearing them) or whether they should actively SEEK to give information out.

My fave is still some form of Jersey looking shirt/t-shirt with more of an inside joke feel to it vs anything that looks like the AP logo. Just enough to ceate a buzz/second look type thing. But that's just me.

I will likely order something either way for myself, but I'm not part of the crowd that will end up wearing them to events- except possibly trips to Canterbury.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree. maybe 4 seperate shirts?
Old 10-15-2007, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

not understand wtf super user or #363 even represents

[/ QUOTE ]

Google "superuser 363" or even better "potripper 363" - I'd imagine people who have no idea what this means but see many many shirts bearing these terms will turn to trusty google... and then they'll be here!
Old 10-15-2007, 10:05 PM

I don't have photoshop so this is my simple minded work.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just going to throw this out there one last time.

I think the shirt can either try to do a lot at the risk of confusing people...
Or try to be mostly an inside joke that many players in events will understand- but few outside the events will.

I think people have to decide what they really want.

As soon as you stick Absolute Poker in any form on a shirt I think it gets confusing, not to mention various legal issues I have no opinion/training on.
And I would never put Mark Seif's name/image in any form on it.

There's a pretty big difference between posting something funny in a BBV thread where nobody will take it seriously/ we all understand the humor of it, and walking around in public with it.

I like "superuser" "potripper" "363" and the 9h2h soul read logo all a bunch as general ideas.

From there it is unclear to me whether the shirt sould remain fun/clean and potentially interesting enough for people to ask about them (esp if many are wearing them) or whether they should actively SEEK to give information out.

My fave is still some form of Jersey looking shirt/t-shirt with more of an inside joke feel to it vs anything that looks like the AP logo. Just enough to ceate a buzz/second look type thing. But that's just me.

I will likely order something either way for myself, but I'm not part of the crowd that will end up wearing them to events- except possibly trips to Canterbury.

[/ QUOTE ]

v v v well said. i agree 100% with this. a potential lawsuit does not sound fun...
Old 10-15-2007, 10:15 PM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker

I think people are getting a little off track with the tshirts here, we don't need 1 design forever for 2p2 history

what we need right now is a t-shirt that people at foxwoods can wear for the next WPT coming up, then after that someone can handle getting various versions of the shirt to purchase

It's not reasonable to have more than 1 design ready for foxwoods though so we absolutely (hah) need to get the final design process and working for things hashed out.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

v v v well said. i agree 100% with this. a potential lawsuit does not sound fun...

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, I don't know the exact laws but if we can't sue AP then they sure as hell can't sue you.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:25 PM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker

[ QUOTE ]

i can assure you all that mark in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM was involved in this cheating scandal and anyone making claims otherwise is full of [censored] and will probably be hearing from a lawyer at one point. you should probably consider shutting the [censored] up, fatal error.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will i be showing up in costa rican court or american court?
Old 10-15-2007, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, I don't know the exact laws but if we can't sue AP then they sure as hell can't sue you.

[/ QUOTE ]

idk i'm just saying it's better safe than sorry sometimes. but you do make a good point.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:59 PM

um, nobody's going to get sued over some custom made t-shirts.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:04 PM

I wasn't referring to any specific action.

There is also the possibility that an over the top t-shirt has the exact opposite result people think it could.

My post was simply a "think this thru first" thing.
Closed Thread