FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2007, 08:32 PM

Default Re: ******** November Omaha Low Content Thread ********

That reminds me of this hand I played earlier:

$1/$2 Pot Limit Omaha Hi
6 players
Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
UTG (<font color="#0000cc">$233.75</font>)
UTG+1 (<font color="#0000cc">$547.35</font>)
CO (<font color="#0000cc">$127.00</font>)
BTN (<font color="#0000cc">$384.85</font>)
Hero (<font color="#0000cc">$200.00</font>)
BB (<font color="#0000cc">$186.00</font>)

Pre-flop: ($3, 6 players) Hero is SB 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls $2, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $6</font>, CO calls $6, BTN calls $6, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $34</font>, <font color="#777777">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $32, UTG+1 calls $28, <font color="#cc0000">CO goes all-in $127</font>, <font color="#777777">BTN folds</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero goes all-in $200</font>, UTG calls $166, UTG+1 calls $166

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($735, 4 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $120</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG goes all-in $33.75</font>

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($802.5, 4 players)

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($802.5, 4 players)

Final Pot: $802.50
UTG shows: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG+1 shows: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
CO shows: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero shows: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG wins $286.5 ( won +$52.75 )
UTG+1 wins $86.25 ( lost -$233.75 )
CO wins $513 ( won +$386 )
BTN lost -$6.00
Hero lost -$200.00
Old 11-25-2007, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to be in Mexico for a week in December

[/ QUOTE ]

great place - where abouts are you going/staying??

[/ QUOTE ]

Going to Tulum. It was kind of spur of the moment, my uncle was going down there and said it was only $1000 for airfare/accommodations with meals and booze included, so I figured what the hell.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:02 AM

Dear PokerStars,

Feel free to blow me. This month, I've had a ~20BI slide at 1/2, but it was tolerable because I was doing well at .50/1.00. Now, there's a nice ~18BI slide for me to deal with at the latter. Good God I must suck worse than I thought. I know it may not be that bad overall, but when taken in the context of my year has gone and how low my confidence is right now, it's rather irritating to say the least.

I think it's time to re-evaluate things, and try and figure out whether or not I'm deluding myself.

Sorry for the rant.

Steve
Old 11-26-2007, 11:15 AM

I'll be the first to say that PLO is really swingy and all, but I feel strongly that if you're running that badly at those levels you aren't playing optimally.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to be in Mexico for a week in December

[/ QUOTE ]

great place - where abouts are you going/staying??

[/ QUOTE ]

Going to Tulum. It was kind of spur of the moment, my uncle was going down there and said it was only $1000 for airfare/accommodations with meals and booze included, so I figured what the hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

its a great place. ive been a few times now to Cancun and also Puerto Vuelata on the pacific coast and along with Italy is the only place away from home i feel i could live
Old 11-26-2007, 02:58 PM

Been really trying to get back into PLO the last couple of month with pretty average results.

I was playing up to 5/10 at the start of this year but don't have any PT numbers to compare with, can you guys give my stats a look, my PFR and PF agg. numbers look really low.

Old 11-26-2007, 03:13 PM

random question, but:
is there anywhere that I can find a semi-official list of people that are considered to be the best PLO players in the world, both live/online?
Old 11-26-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
random question, but:
is there anywhere that I can find a semi-official list of people that are considered to be the best PLO players in the world, both live/online?

[/ QUOTE ]

aba made one in his secret blog.. not sure I feel good about linking you though [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be the first to say that PLO is really swingy and all, but I feel strongly that if you're running that badly at those levels you aren't playing optimally.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to agree with you, which is why I'm so frustrated. I thought I was at least playing decently, but now, I dunno. I've been going over the hands I've played and I don't see anything too egregious, but there are a few hands that I feel I misplayed; some where my hand reading was just flat-out bad; and plenty more where the money went in really well and I lost to a suckout; and there were definitely a couple where I was tilting.

Maybe I'll start a thread with a bunch of the hands that I've lost the most on, and see if someone picks up on something that I'm missing. In the meantime, I think I'm going to take at least a couple days off and try and figure things out.

Nov. 07:

Since I started playing PLO again in Aug.:

I'd post stats, but I really don't think it would show anything significant.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
random question, but:

[/ QUOTE ]

aba made one in his secret blog.. not sure I feel good about linking you though [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ ] secret blog jokes are funny