Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2007, 11:46 PM

Default AJo in MP2 on river

Don't have enough of a read to mention anything substantial.

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, 5 folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (7.5SB, 3 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4.75BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (8.75BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">MP1 bets</font>, Hero...?
Old 04-29-2007, 11:53 PM

Default Re: AJo in MP2 on river

This might be nitty, but given the draw-heavy board and the fact you're first to act after the bettor(and you're being bet into after raising) I don't think you should have called the flop bet.

Your jack pairing(which you happened to spike) puts 3 to a straight on the board, and your backdoor flush and 1 card backdoor straight are weak. I'd assign 4 outs to this hand(you could be reverse dominated by A9/AT as well so no 3 full outs imo) and fold it.

Given the action I don't know if you can call this river w/ that card and no reads. Villians shown strength on the flop and turn betting into you and he's donking on the river.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:59 PM

I don't mind turn raise, but I think river is a fold.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This might be nitty, but given the draw-heavy board and the fact you're first to act after the bettor(and you're being bet into after raising) I don't think you should have called the flop bet.

Your jack pairing(which you happened to spike) puts 3 to a straight on the board, and your backdoor flush and 1 card backdoor straight are weak. I'd assign 4 outs to this hand(you could be reverse dominated by A9/AT as well so no 3 full outs imo) and fold it.

Given the action I don't know if you can call this river w/ that card and no reads. Villians shown strength on the flop and turn betting into you and he's donking on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think the flop call is all that bad ... added to our 'outs' is the possibility that our hand is still 'best'

so many opponents are betting a flush or straight draw here.

I don't think I can bring my self to raise the Jack on the turn (board sucks so much ... I would have prefer to see either an Ace or a Two)

as for the river ... since we don't really have a 'read' on this guy and since this hand looks so [censored] retarded I maybe think off paying off whatever he's got (depends if I'm running hot and don't mind the extra bet ... if this was something retard, I pound this guy into tomorrow - and be happy i called) ...
Old 04-30-2007, 01:00 AM

i call turn and maybe call river
Old 04-30-2007, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i call turn and maybe call river

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't mind this.

As played fold river.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:18 AM

my first thought was to just call the turn, but now i'm not sure. pot is ~5.5 BB after villain bets the turn, which is decent-sized. i don't mind winning it right here. there are also a lot of combo draws that will call, so a raise is often for value as well.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my first thought was to just call the turn, but now i'm not sure. pot is ~5.5 BB after villain bets the turn, which is decent-sized. i don't mind winning it right here. there are also a lot of combo draws that will call, so a raise is often for value as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would much rather call down some goof that is pumping a draw than raise and get three bet ...
that board sucks - a lot
Old 04-30-2007, 01:47 AM

lot of draws on this bord incl. T x. with Top pair Top kicker he holds the best hand on the turn of course thats a no brainer raise no draw can fold here and he is favorit.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:17 AM

I think the flop call is kind of loose. After showing strength on the turn I think we can fold the river.