Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 12-01-2007, 03:31 PM

Default Re: Low limit stud says it\'s correct to complete the bring in....

I'm talking a scenario where you started with Jacks, the other guy started with a three-flush, and he is now showing open Queens. You're not in great shape in this scenario, either.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:33 PM

I'm not familiar with this book. Who wrote it? Please get 7CS4AP.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:50 PM

I'm pretty sure this idea comes from Chip's chapter in SSI.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm talking a scenario where you started with Jacks, the other guy started with a three-flush, and he is now showing open Queens. You're not in great shape in this scenario, either.

[/ QUOTE ]

In this case it's usually a fold then. You are right, because not only does villan have queens with a trip draw or two pair he has a 3 flush. Unless I hold a soild two pair on 4th im ditching.

Now Andy I'd like your opinion on the JJ[2] UTG when faced with an nonthreatening board.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:14 PM

I'd pretty much always raise, especially at low limits. They're not putting you on a hand.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:04 PM

OK CG

"The main objetive in stud according to every book I've read is to get people out as early as you can"

Wrong - The main objective is drag the SOBs the the river and make them payoff on streets 4 thru 7. And wait for them to say "Gee I never know what you're doing, you're the best".

"you don't want people drawing to a hand that will beat yours."

So CJ do you want players chasing you or do you want to be chasing them. I'm confused because most players are trying to beat at least a PP. Everyone behind is drawing and this is where the major mistakes are made. I say let the SOBs chase the trips, st8s and flushs.

Now on to the books. What is your book??? Mine is 7CSAP and the section is "Playing in Loose Games" pages 132 to 174. Page 138 basicly says it all.

Experience tells me in low limit and loose games that "Cheap folds and Biggie Pots" win every time. The battle is not 3th or 4th, but 5th to the river. Not so in the higher limits.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:08 PM

"Wrong - The main objective is drag the SOBs the the river and make them payoff on streets 4 thru 7. And wait for them to say "Gee I never know what you're doing, you're the best".

Lol stop and go read some stud books please. You want people to outdraw you? it's +ev to take down a pot when you can unless you have a MONSTER. Seriously take a step back, look at the information on this board and read a couple stud books, and if you have reread them because you are wrong. You cannot slow play aces or kings or any premium pair on 4th if you haven't made trips. People will draw to two pair a lot of the time. You want them out of the pot before they get a chance to do that.