Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2006, 03:52 PM

Default Re: $1500/month working from home...how?

How do you host 50 sites for $20/mo? I'm paying 12.50/month for my 1 site...
Old 10-11-2006, 04:04 PM

I have a package at 1and1.com that allows you to have unlimited domains added to the hosting package. I typically don't go over my bandwith per month. I have 3 sites right now on my plan btw.

Chicago

P.S. Obviously you would still have to pay whatever per year for the domain registrations
Old 10-11-2006, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I worked for Cutco for several years and am familiar. Top level sales people in these jobs are frequently lost to other top sales positions because the pay is not competitive. Assuming I worked 55 hours a week (very hard with self driven sales) I could do around 50-75k a year fairly easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thremp,

OP doesn't seem to be motivated to do much hard work. He's not gunning for 50k/yr plus. He only needs 18k. Given a product that yields a high enough commission, 6 sales/month may be enough to maintain his targeted income. He also has the option of selling other products to the same suckers err network.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't really call them suckers. They aren't buying the product. They are helping me. If he worked hard for 3 months than moved to doing 1 appt every other day he would clear 15k a year. God forbid he works hard for 3-4 days and takes the rest of the month off. ZOMG

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess this was all for naught at this point. PS just announced they are staying (as well as neteller), so it seems to be all working out ok. Appreciate everyone that offered constructive advice...but I'm fortunate enough to be able to stick with what I was doing...for now.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I use DreamHost for 8 bucks a month. 200GB of space, 2TB of bandwidth and unlimted domains. And whatever bandwidth you don't use rolls over to the next month. It's pretty sweeeeet.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I use DreamHost for 8 bucks a month. 200GB of space, 2TB of bandwidth and unlimted domains. And whatever bandwidth you don't use rolls over to the next month. It's pretty sweeeeet.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, dreamhost is top notch. pretty hard to go over 2TB a month with sites like this
Old 10-12-2006, 09:53 PM

Yeah dreamhost offers a lot of space and bandwidth but they have major dowtime issues. After researching a lot of hosting sites I found www.hostgator.com and www.bluehost.com to be the best hands down.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah dreamhost offers a lot of space and bandwidth but they have major dowtime issues. After researching a lot of hosting sites I found www.hostgator.com and www.bluehost.com to be the best hands down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now is that the best for referral money or the best hosting sites. Come on guys. Everytime I see someone put a referral link for something like this I call bull [censored]. Hopefully you make your $5 or $10 and are satisfied.

Chicago
Old 10-13-2006, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now is that the best for referral money or the best hosting sites. Come on guys. Everytime I see someone put a referral link for something like this I call bull [censored]. Hopefully you make your $5 or $10 and are satisfied.

Chicago

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I make $97 if anyone signs up through my link. This is the MONEY MAKING FORUM, what the [censored] do you expect? I'm not scamming anyone, DreamHost has been the best host I've used.

Chicago
Old 10-13-2006, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Chicago

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I make $97 if anyone signs up through my link. This is the MONEY MAKING FORUM, what the [censored] do you expect? I'm not scamming anyone, DreamHost has been the best host I've used.

Chicago

[/ QUOTE ]

doesn't matter if it's the moneymaking forum. it's still spam.

You could have said
"hostgator & bluehost are the best I've used. If you decide to sign up for them, let me know so I can send you my affiliate link"
Old 10-13-2006, 06:09 PM

No the best for referral money would be dreamhost but I still feel that the host sites I posted are the best. BTW I am also a Dreamhost affiliate along with 10 other hosting sites. I have 10 sites on hostgator and 5 on bluehost. I make an average of $10-$20/day per site making me about $5k/month.