Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2006, 02:48 PM

Default Re: Annoying Trends

[ QUOTE ]
i would find a thread about a OOT person going up to some girl, asking her out, and banging the hell out of her later that night much more amusing than a OOT person asking what to do when a girl looks at him. i feel we should have more of the former and less of the latter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly! And I was hoping the guides would help with that balance...
Old 03-17-2006, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i would find a thread about a OOT person going up to some girl, asking her out, and banging the hell out of her later that night much more amusing than a OOT person asking what to do when a girl looks at him. i feel we should have more of the former and less of the latter.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I appreciate that you've put a lot of effort into these, but they're not. I think they're only encouraging the bad threads.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People who reply to pointless threads saying stuff like "can i get a * please?" and other stuff that just makes them sound like a pompous ass. You aren't better than the new posters. This whole forum is pointless, why is your pointless stuff more valid than ours?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd like everyone to look at Patrick's threads in OOT, and then read this again.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
People who reply to pointless threads saying stuff like "can i get a * please?" and other stuff that just makes them sound like a pompous ass. You aren't better than the new posters. This whole forum is pointless, why is your pointless stuff more valid than ours?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd like everyone to look at Patrick's threads in OOT, and then read this again.

[/ QUOTE ]
WHOAH WHOAH WHOAH. Let's make sure we clarify which Patrick we're talking about here, please.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I appreciate that you've put a lot of effort into these, but they're not. I think they're only encouraging the bad threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I don't see that. I suspect they're not helping (which is a shame) given how many ask stuff already laid out in them, but can't see why they're encouraging bad ones. Why'd you think that?

I'm certainly of a mind not to bother with any more though, if, as I suspect, they're not helping.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I don't see that. I suspect they're not helping (which is a shame) given how many ask stuff already laid out in them, but can't see why they're encouraging bad ones. Why'd you think that?

I'm certainly of a mind not to bother with any more though, if, as I suspect, they're not helping.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think they're effectively saying "this is the forum where we talk about your pathetic problems talking to girls".
Old 03-17-2006, 03:43 PM

movie review threads are lame. i like diebitter and pryor's posts, but the others have got to go. wish OOT had a watch-dog for movie reviews but it's all good. i just don't read them anymore.

girl threads are also pretty lame. the lamest one of recent memory was the "what's up with the high five where you kinda hold hands for a second..." omg does she like me?

brag posts are annoying, but i avoid those. when i bought a new tv you did not see me starting a thread "my cock is 10 inches, what size tv should i get (NSFW)?" or "should i get a ferrari or porsche?" does OOT really influence those decisions? doubtful

and excessive NSFW in thread topics are annoying too.

anyway, /endrant
Old 03-17-2006, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WHOAH WHOAH WHOAH. Let's make sure we clarify which Patrick we're talking about here, please.

[/ QUOTE ]
Edit option gone, so:

Clearly I was referring to Patrick Duffy, not Patrick of the OOT Grandes. Maybe a picture of the dog would help?
Old 03-17-2006, 04:06 PM

diebitter,

Your guides are spot on. The problem is your target audience doesn't realize this because they do not have the life experience that tells them why what you are advocating is correct.

Your thread doesn't cover what to do when a girl stares cross-eyed at you across the room precisely at 3:22 GMT, so young "OOTiot" after encountering a situation that isn't covered in your guide feels the urge to start a new thread.

I agree that threads about hooking up with the girl who winked at you are entertaining (and usually shameless brags) and are not an issue. Dom's trip reports are the gold standard and should be what these guys aspire to when they are crafting their reports.