Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Choose what best describes your views on loaning money?
I was fooled by Air Americas hype of their success. 2 6.25%
I knew these guys were losers from day 1. 30 93.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-30-2007, 07:54 AM

Default Re: PokerTracker: The Next Generation (NEW SOFTWARE DISCUSSION)

Look forward to the next release, I used PO for awhile, but it was just too buggy.

One thing that I really would like to see on the HUD is actions for each hand. When playing many tables it is hard to remember who raised, reraised etc.....This is in Po and was one thing I really like about their program.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:06 AM

pokerace,

i think the only way to normalize this is to include a new stat for "split pots" . take it out of the won/lost hands column.

the reason i say this (and i posted this in the other thread) is because depending on the nature of the hand, even if you don't win money, the hand can come up as a won/lost hand. for example, in a 50/100 LHE game, the blinds are 25 and 50. the button raises, SB folds, and the BB calls. the pot ends up getting split and you make the value of the small blind minus the rake, which is $10, essentially nothing (.1BB). However if the SB open raises and you call, and the pot is split, you lose about .02BB, which is also essentially nothing.

So you can see that pots are being count as won or lost and artificially boosting/lowering your stats without having any effect on winnings. this makes it hard to analyze sessions, since a session with 10 split pots counting as "won" makes you look like a [censored] who wins tons of hands and doesn't win money.

anyways i'd really really really like a 3rd column to be included and to have those hands completely ignored when computing W$WSF, W$SD, WTSD, etc.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:07 AM

i also want to note that i use pokertracker EXTENSIVELY to analyze stats (probably moreso than almost any other member in this forum) and have spent a lot of time thinking of this as a solution.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:22 PM

Related to Josh's question, what about hands where you lose the main pot, win the side pot, but net money? For example, Guy goes AI for $1 with AA, your KK and QQ get AI for $100. AA takes $3, you take $198 therefore profiting $98. Is that a win or a loss?
Old 07-30-2007, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Related to Josh's question, what about hands where you lose the main pot, win the side pot, but net money? For example, Guy goes AI for $1 with AA, your KK and QQ get AI for $100. AA takes $3, you take $198 therefore profiting $98. Is that a win or a loss?

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly its all such a gray area that i think all these things should be in a separate column, but i wouldn't be surprised if people disagree
Old 07-30-2007, 12:42 PM

I think the problem is that for hands where there's a really, really baby stack (like < 1 BB), who goes AI and wins the main pot, it's basically negligible. The hand, your stats, everything could be treated the same as if the dude hadn't been there. But instead of writing complex rules like, size of stack needs to be x BB to be considered a player, or in case of split, do this, in case of AI, do this, etc etc, it's so much easier to just have a set defined rule like, if you win money, it's a win, if you lose money, it's a loss.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The current version of PT calculates wins and losses rather simply. If your net amount won is greater then zero, you won the hand. If your net amount won is less then zero, you lost the hand.

Therefore, your proposed hand would currently be calculated as a win which I think it is. If the shortstack had a larger stack there is a very good possibility that KK and/or QQ would have played the hand much differently.

-AP10
Old 07-30-2007, 01:40 PM

If adding a "tied" method is not possible I think it should remain as is.

Technically you won the pot, but the result is a loss because you did not profit. In order to "win", you need to come out ahead IMO.

Ideally I'd like to see "tied". Then from there you can see if your net was positive or negative.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:51 PM

I think PT3 should have some type of rakeback entry tool. I like to know how much I have made in a given month/year with both my earnings and rakeback considered. A manual entry would probably be best since some hands are missed from time to time by PT.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:49 PM

I guess you could also include reload bonuses in there too. Most of this would be for tax purposes.