Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2006, 10:31 PM

Default Flopped Boat, Turn Quads in Re-raised Pot

Villain is 25/18/3. Seems decent.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $6 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($491.65)
BB ($611.40)
UTG ($280.90)
Hero ($1020.10)
Button ($1403.95)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $6, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $30</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $110</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls $80.

Flop: ($235) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $133</font>, Hero calls $133.

Turn: ($501) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero...

What line gets me the most value? Anyone do anything different on flop?
Old 11-14-2006, 10:34 PM

Default Re: Flopped Boat, Turn Quads in Re-raised Pot

edit: didnt see stacks.

why not c/r flop.
i would check turn and bet the river
Old 11-14-2006, 10:58 PM

Well his hand is pretty much face up. Do you think he would call a flop c/r with AA/KK? If not then your line is best. I would check this turn expecting him to check behind so I could win a nice VB on river.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:57 AM

I basically think I have two options on the flop:
1. Check-raise. Hopefully, he'll call with AA or KK, b/c he'll think I'm on a draw.

2. Check-call. I'd do this to under-rep my hand and hope he'd put me on an underpair and try to push me off on the turn. If I check-call, I think checking the turn on almost all turn cards is mandatory to give him a chance to bluff. However, in this spot I'm not so sure. If I had an underpair, I might lead out to steal the pot away from AK hands b/c my hand has no showdown value. That's why I'm not sure if I should lead out here. AA, KK, or AK could end up thinking I'm FOS and call my bet. There's also a chance he could shove over me with a bluff hand. Anyone like the idea of a weak lead, about 1/2 pot sized?

I ended up checking and he checked behind. The River brought a King, for a final board of JJQQK. Effective stacks are $750 and there's $500 in the pot. What's my play?
Old 11-15-2006, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I ended up checking and he checked behind. The River brought a King, for a final board of JJQQK. Effective stacks are $750 and there's $500 in the pot. What's my play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Push, pray he has KK.

EDIT: KK is getting the $$ in no mater what. I think I lead 200 to maybe get value from AA/AK/AJ?
Old 11-15-2006, 01:30 AM

With no prior knowledge of your opponent, I would lead $300 on the river. I think your check-call of the buttons ~ 1/2 pot bet on the flop has him concerned. You have to hope that the King helped him and that he'll push.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:09 AM

cr flop, weak lead the turn to act like o man, i really hope my AA shows down here. maybe even check turn. w/e. river is dependent on flop and turn, so idk
Old 11-15-2006, 04:24 PM

I think I messed this hand up. I like CR-ing the flop best in this spot. Given that I didn't do that, I think a 1/2 pot lead on turn would be good, b/c like I said, it represents a much larger range of hands then check-calling turn or CR-ing. On the river, I open shoved, but I tend to think a 1/2 pot bet would be better, b/c it gives him a chance to call with AA or AK, while still allowing him to get all the money in with KK or JJ. I think most players would shove over with KK on this river.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:31 PM

what about a weak lead on the flop (30-40$), he'll raise you to at least 200-250$ &gt; 90% of the time, you then call and then you c/c his shove on the turn, holla!!!!