Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 02:55 AM

Default Re: Dear Stars: Allow Datamining

[ QUOTE ]
Multi-tablers are way worse for the games than HUDs.

In fact, nits are the worst thing for the games. An ante might fix that, but probably not.

[/ QUOTE ]

HUD's allow people to multitable more though. HUD's are bots in a way. I only use em cuz I don't want every multitabling monkey to have that edge over me. I really do think they are unethical. It should be up to the multitabler to take notes and pay attention to what's going on. Not a HUDbot. Take away the HUDs and u cut down on multitabling.
There will always be nits.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:29 AM

bluffthis
you're dead on
people wanna take turn paying rake while 12 tabling with other 12 tablers while all using huds together and make 4 dollars an hour
Old 05-10-2007, 03:38 AM

wow everyone in here sounds like Tuff-Fish.. wtf is going on?
Old 05-10-2007, 07:04 AM

There's a publicly available piece of software to do this -- see http://chessvortex.com/pht/shh.php. I don't have any connection with this site nor do I have a financial interest in this posting. Mods - obviously remove the link if it is a problem.

Also, Stars is obviously aware of Stars Hand Tracker (as they warn people for using it when they're logged in according to the website) so your account is at risk if you choose to use it from your IP/machine.

But I have experimented with it in the past (although I've never gotten involved in HH datamining on a commercial level) and I'm certain it's free of spyware and keylogger if that's a concern of yours -- I had it checked out before I tried it.

But the bottom line is that anyone can do this with even the slightest bit of initiative and investment.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok....I just want datamining and this seemed to be a good excuse

[/ QUOTE ]

You can already datamine and theres nothing they will do about it. There was even an application advertised on these boards. That app never made it onto their prohibited applications list. Stars needs to enforce their own rules instead of using the honor system and right now thats what they're doing with datamining. Any decent programmer could whip up something in a matter of a few hours anyways.

edit: lol, see the post directly above mine
Old 05-10-2007, 08:37 AM

Stars Hand Tracker doesn't open tables for you?
Old 05-10-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Stars:

1) DON'T allow data-mining;

2) Take more effective measures to prevent data-mining;

3) Take *pro-active* measures to detect and eliminate bot accounts;

4) Get rid of HUDs;

[/ QUOTE ]

Major dittos. The reason I play on Stars is that it seems like the most straight up site to play on. The use of HUD and other devices IMHO is just a different form of cheating. Learn to play the game instead of reading statistics. I am amazed they allow HUD and other programs like that. Maybe Im wrong but it just seems wrong to allow these things. It is CHEATING.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stars Hand Tracker doesn't open tables for you?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, but getting an add-on program to do that isn't that tough either.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Major dittos. The reason I play on Stars is that it seems like the most straight up site to play on. The use of HUD and other devices IMHO is just a different form of cheating. Learn to play the game instead of reading statistics. I am amazed they allow HUD and other programs like that. Maybe Im wrong but it just seems wrong to allow these things. It is CHEATING.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it isn't cheating.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it isn't cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]

But it is using a computer program to record information that you yourself arent collecting and disecting. Its just another form of a bot. Players should play based on their own abilities, not having a computer record stats, see a number (like vpip) and then you simply raise or fold based off that number and not your knowledge of the player.

Anyone using pokertracker and PAHUD has no ability to bitch about bots.

The only reason that they are complaining is that they dont have access to them, if pokertracker was only available to someone who wrote it they would be screaming about its use as well.