Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 02:31 AM

Default 500BB pot vs maniac

Villain is a 84/44/5 crazy maniac.

A previous hand to give you some insight:
Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($10)
SB ($82.85)
BB ($15.85)
UTG ($25)
MP ($32.95)
Hero ($24.65)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, Button calls $0.85, SB calls $0.75, BB calls $0.60.

Flop: ($3.40) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $3.4</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $3.40, Button folds.

Turn: ($10.20) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $10.2</font>, Hero calls $10.20.

River: ($30.60) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $13</font>, Hero calls $10.20 (All-In).

Final Pot: $51

SB has Jh 8d (three of a kind, sevens).
Hero has Jd Qs (full house, sevens full of queens).
Outcome: Hero wins $51. SB wins $2.80.

So, this hand:

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($17.40)
UTG ($61.20)
MP ($13.45)
Button ($26.70)
Hero ($65.60)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $0.40, BB calls $0.25.

Flop: ($1.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.5</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $13.25</font>, UTG calls $7.75.

Turn: ($26.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $17</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $34</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $68</font>, UTG calls $14.95 (All-In).

Final Pot: $124.40

Do you ever take it "easy" in a pot like this vs a guy like this? Is the line fine?
Old 10-05-2007, 02:36 AM

Default Re: 500BB pot vs maniac

I don't like calling OOP here. Playing hands OOP vrs. a maniac is not good, no matter how bad he is. If you were behind him, any position, I'd call here in an instant. From SB though, I fold.

I don't see us doing anything else besides betting on turn. The board is scary, our hand is vulnerable, we can't fold to this idiot, so we gotta get the money in ASAP while we are ahead. I pot it on turn personally, but I guess 17 was ok too.

We are pretty f'n deep to be playing anything out of position [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2007, 02:39 AM

I probably should have given you more reads if the first one didn't give you the idea.
Hit a pair? Then you have his stack. I want to be in as many heads-up pots with him as possible before he looses his stack.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:39 AM

Yeah i think its fine against this psycho.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:40 AM

In any pot he is in, he bets or raises each street. So far I have seen the others at the table folding a lot of turns or rivers. Check out the first hand and you will understand ..
Old 10-05-2007, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like calling OOP here. Playing hands OOP vrs. a maniac is not good, no matter how bad he is. If you were behind him, any position, I'd call here in an instant. From SB though, I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto. You're going to have a hard time drawing to anything after the flop against this guy. Calling with pocket pairs is fine, but not suited connectors.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto. You're going to have a hard time drawing to anything after the flop against this guy. Calling with pocket pairs is fine, but not suited connectors.

[/ QUOTE ]

or I can play any hand fit / fold since I know he will pay me of?
Old 10-05-2007, 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

or I can play any hand fit / fold since I know he will pay me of?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't mind entering a pot with this guy with a hand like 810cc because like you said if you hit hard he will pay you and you ultimately want to be heads up with this guy. We cannot always be paranoid about position. Sometimes we just want all the monies!
Old 10-05-2007, 02:55 AM

You should have no problems entering this pot PF unless you are terrible spewer post flop imo
Old 10-05-2007, 03:04 AM

Playing middle pair, crap kicker 250 BBs deep versus a maniac is not my favorite thing, which is why I would probably fold preflop.

Meanwhile, though, if that sample hand is Villain's typical approach -- and it sounds like it is -- then I don't think position matters that much. I would just prefer to have better high-card strength. If I played, it would probably be with the idea of letting Villain steal the pot from me unless I hit the flop really well (as in at least top pair). Which probably isn't really the way to play against this guy (and it certainly isn't if the stacks were shorter), which is why I wouldn't bother with T8s from the SB when this deep. (But I probably would play the same hand vs. a min-raise if I were in the BB and knew I was going to be HU, so I guess maybe I'm being a little picky.)

But once you play and flop top two, it seems like it's time to play for stacks. Villain isn't going to let you play for much less, and you got your rare monster on the flop.