Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 03:41 PM

Default Re: People who buy bottled water are fish at life.

Guys,

Evian is naive backwards! OMG

Sincerely,

Old 07-06-2007, 03:41 PM

Bottled water tastes better...
Old 07-06-2007, 03:47 PM

Drinking bottled water is stylish. I like knowing that my water comes from Fiji or that it is "harvested from oregon skies". It makes me happy. Here is what I'm really hooked on though, it is only $35~ a bottle...

[ QUOTE ]
It'd be interesting to know how much more a soft drinks company have to spend on filling the bottles, over whatever processes bottled water goes through.

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering that Dasani is just leftover water from making Coke, I assume it's pretty cheap.

tap water tastes like [censored]

i really, really love the feeling of guzzling down a refreshing drink of water. it is one of my favourite things in the whole wide world. especially when it doesn't taste like [censored], like say... tapwater?
Old 07-06-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The NY water is so good one former mayor (maybe Giuliani) considered bottling it and selling it.

[/ QUOTE ]
In Houston, they actually did sell tap water from bottles. The agency that makes water down there just took their normal supply, put it in jugs and slapped a "City of Houston" label on it. I got the impression that they were leveling all of us, but the water was available in stores.

Bottled water is a joke to people who know what they're talking about.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Considering that Dasani is just leftover water from making Coke, I assume it's pretty cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Next you're going to tell me that Keystone light is just Coors light in a dented can.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i have a poland spring water cooler in my apartment because it's baller. hot and cold water in an instant, and i don't care what anybody says, that ish tastes way better than NYC tap water.

besides, if the turrrists decide to poison the water supply i'm in good shape.

the biggest problem i have with bottled water is how wasteful it is to use those plastic containers for it. but when you have a water cooler they get re-used by the company, so it's all good.

if anyone is wondering we get like 20 gallons / month plus the cooler for 30 bucks. i think it's an awesome deal because i don't have to brew tea or coffee anymore, either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hearing someone say the water in NY is bad is VERY surprising to me. Have you had water outside of New York? The NY water is so good one former mayor (maybe Giuliani) considered bottling it and selling it. I lived in Philly for the past year, and I could NOT drink that water without the glass being full of ice. Ended up with 2 filters, one for the faucet, and one for the pitcher.

Here on Long Island though the tap water is awesome...In NYC, most people consider it the best. I've actually yet to go to a place that has good tap water aside from the NY area. Only place was Lake Powell, in...Nevada I think. I was at Vegas, spent about a week there, and all I could get was crap water, so when I hit lake Powell, it was delicious.

[/ QUOTE ]

we have some good tap water here in st louis.

my dad knew some guys from NY, that opened up a pizza joint down in florida near the condo, and they had tankers of water diverted down to florida because they couldn't get the bread, and dough right w/o ny water.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard about doing that actually. I don't know if that's why NY pizza is so much better, I think there is more to it, but yeah, not a surprise if that's part of it.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:54 PM

Worst tap water I've ever had is in Nevada. I stopped ordering any beverage that wasn't pre-bottled there. Fountain soda even tastes like crap because of the water.

There was one restaurant in Laughlin I went to that would give you free bottled water because the tap water sucked so bad. They could have filtered the water, but I guess they wanted the appearance of clean water.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Drinking bottled water is stylish. I like knowing that my water comes from Fiji or that it is "harvested from oregon skies". It makes me happy. Here is what I'm really hooked on though, it is only $35~ a bottle...

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, the $200 coaster is sweet. Or is that a $200 disposable napkin?