Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2007, 08:23 AM

Default Re: LOTR: The Two Towers (GAME THREAD)

ugh, i thought I found some good evidence from the night FCBL was lynched (books was on traz, making it a tie), but with dmk on FCBL, that was a useless vote from the wolves perspective.

WTF didn't we lynch dmk that day? yuck
Old 03-22-2007, 08:24 AM

Also, after like day 4 I had to focus on being a seer in the other game and this one fell to 2nd on my priority list.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:56 AM

Traz defended wolves the entire game

Traz defended nez, not books.

He only puts VR on his wolf list AFTER it's obvious she was peeked, and still tries to get her lynched after soah, who was also likely peeked. Books sat on his list for a long time.

VR mentioned books once, and nez 4 or 5 times. None of those mentions were serious.

Soah mentioned books only in relation to shelob, and had a little running battle with nez.

I'm gonna go check out dmk now, i forgot about him.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:02 AM

DMK only mentions nez to hint that he (dmk) was the seer who had peeked him as a villager.

DMK only mentions books in relation to shelob.

The second is more consistent with how dmk related to traz & soah, but he talked about VR more.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:12 AM

What I can't figure out is why I'm so reluctant to vote nez.

I haven't seen anything that clears him in my mind. He hasn't shown me anything that really condemns books. He has gone to great pains to prove he's a villager, to the point that his defense has become his overwhelming focus in the game.

I know that I spent too much time defending myself at the end of Star Trek 2, and that was my downfall. MDD said after the game that's why he decided, at the last minute to vote me.

I really can't get over the impression that nez hasn't been looking for wolves recently because he doesn't feel he can make a case for somebody he knows is a villager. I mean, if you look back, his big cases were against VR & soah. VR he didn't push too hard, and soah he flipped on as soon as he had a good reason.

If books has fooled me here, then good job. I have to go with my gut

nez
Old 03-22-2007, 09:19 AM

Night.

Back in a few minutes with the writeup.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:25 AM

[ 2 ] Nez477 voted for wdcbooks
[ 1 ] wdcbooks voted for Nez477
[ 0 ] Zurvan voted for Nez477

The remaining two Hobbits return to the Shire and are shocked to find their beloved home overrun with evil-looking men, the streets dirty and the gardens, hedges, and trees wilting from lack of care. The streets are all but deserted.

"Who is responsible for this?!" they demand, of nobody in particular.

A lone Hobbit pokes his head out of a nearby hole. "Sharkey," he says. "Sharkey and his lackeys moved in and took over."

"We'll see about that," reply our Hobbit heroes. "Sharkey! Show yourself!"

Fifty paces further up the street, in the town square, a tall figure witha white beard stoops and comes out of the low door that leads to the Mayor's office. He looks familiar.

"Wormtongue! Come out and say hello to our visitors," he calls.

Wormtongue, formerly the advisor to King Theoden of Rohan and agent of the Wizard Saruman, cowers as he recognizes the armed Hobbits facing him.

The Hobbits realize that "Sharkey" is really Saruman himself, destroying the Shire out of a general sense of malice.

Saruman sneers. "What do you have to say to our visitors, worm? Nothing? Well, then, I guess we won't need to keep them around any longer."

Before the stunned hobbits can move, Saruman, aka Sharkey, aka WDCBooks whips his staff forward. The Hobbits fall to their knees.

"My victory here is now complete."

Wolves win!

Gollum also wins!

Thanks everyone. Hope you enjoyed the game.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:26 AM

blech
Old 03-22-2007, 09:26 AM

Old 03-22-2007, 09:28 AM

A few points of interest:

As has been noted, on the day Durron was cleared by the seer, the final vote was apparently 8-8-5, but it was actually a 9-9-9 tie.

With 7 left, there were three votes on Kumubou, and the next highest was Zurvan with 1. However, Zurvan was *poisoned* (which everyone forgot), and that was in fact a 3-3 tie, which Kumu happened to lose on a coinflip. If Zurvan had lost the coinflip, the endgame would've looked very different and definitely would've gone to a 3-player must-lynch day. In fact, Kumu didn't even vote that day. If she'd voted Zurvan, she would've saved herself even though it would've looked like 3-2.

I've had a request to rerun this same scenario again (later, when I can get a schedule slot for it..) Please feel free to express your opinion on that. Thanks.