Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 02:38 PM

Default 10NL getting donked into on the flop with medium hands...

I am posting a specific hand, but this situation comes up a lot... I raise PF with a legitimate hand IP, I get a caller, the flop does not hit my hand but is not a disaster (E.G. AK on T2J flop or 99 on T78 flop) and villain donkes a small but significant bet into me. What do you do.

Villain is 60/20 over very small sample.

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

CO: $3.75
Hero (BTN): $10.90
SB: $10.80
BB: $16.55
UTG: $12.30

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.55</font>, 3 folds, CO calls $0.45

Flop: ($1.35) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $0.50</font>, Hero ..
Old 11-06-2007, 03:27 PM

Default Re: 10NL getting donked into on the flop with medium hands...

I've just started playing $10NL and people do this and min reraise a ridiculous amount.

Readless against a full buy-in I raise I want to find out as early as possible what the donk bet and the min reraise means from that specific opponent.

Against this stack size I just fold though because he is going all the way if he has caught any of the board.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:39 PM

Default Re: 10NL getting donked into on the flop with medium hands...

I think I know what you mean. I used to get really frustrated here

This situation however, warrants a fold pf given limping action and CO's stats, but as played, a fold on the flop. You have between 4 and 7 (maybe 10) outs here and I don't think you're going to get value with this hand even when you do hit.

You're fold equity is likely to be pretty crap against this player as he's likely to chase a raise for the sake of seeing if his mid pair is good.

You'll get better spots. Don't sweat the small stuff. These spots just tell me I'm going to get value against these players from my reasonable hands.