Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 04:40 PM

Default Re: my first post - Pokertracker stats included

well it changes the aspect of being UTG, because u are not utg in 3rd pos in free ring. Hold on im opening pt, ill tell u what to do
Old 10-23-2007, 04:45 PM

if u go under the preferences tab, on the right u can select just 6 max for that level, then go to positional and post that
Old 10-23-2007, 04:52 PM

got it...last time
Old 10-23-2007, 04:54 PM

On a side note, this is pretty much an ideal 1st post for a new 2+2'er. It's in the right forum, has stats, there are no rediculous lies in it anywhere.

OP send me a PM w/ your Stars screenname, I'll stake you in some tournament next weekend just because. Maybe a satellite to the Sunday Mil or something
Old 10-23-2007, 04:58 PM

**posted without reading other replies**

Just to start off I'm by no means an expert at stat analysis. But it looks like you might limp SB a little too often. Setting yourself to be OOP when you hit a marginal hand or decent draw, which for me is kind of hard to play profitably.

When I tightened up my SB pre-flop to only hands I would raise and re-raise with, I saw a dramatic improvement in my total winnings. Only playing 99+, AQs+, mainly because 6-max ( at least how I try and play) is just dominating with position. FR on the other hand, you can justify some limping with many players in the pot and some confidence that the BB won't raise on you.

That's just my opinion, I could be completely wrong, but that adjustment did wonders for me in 6-max. Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:03 PM

He's playing NL10, so he'll be able to get away with completing the SB a little more often, so long as he's not getting goofy post-flop.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:14 PM

correct me if im wrong, but it seems i have lost a lot of money from the sb. if i really tighten up, shouldnt that dramatically increase my winrate?
Old 10-23-2007, 05:14 PM

As I suspected, your VPIP from the small blind is a good 7% higher than your average. Cut back on it a little bit, it will make a difference! As Gonso said above, at the micro levels you can get away with limping a bit more often than at higher levels, just be prepared to ditch hands that miss postflop without question.

You seem to be playing pretty positionally aware already, which is great. You're taking advantage of the button, and it's paying off. I'd like to see you playing a tiny bit less from the CO seat (pos 1), but other than that, nothing looks horribly wrong.

I'd definitely say you're on the right track at 6max, you should keep on keepin' on the way you are, make some minor adjustments given what we've all said here in the thread.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:19 PM

Let me try and elaborate/explain more my previous post:

The situation I think you might get into, which is one I used to fall for over and over occurs when everyone/or almost everyone folds to you PF. You find yourself in a situation where it would be very tempting to raise 1bb to fold the BB or just limp and usually check down the entire hand; where on the river someone generally makes the min raise to try and steal the tiny pot. These raises and calls add up extremely fast with very little return. I had this habit for my first few thousand hands and see many people fall into the same pattern. I'd suggest folding in these situations unless you hold a playable hand, or get to know your BB really well and how easily he'll fold to a raise. But almost never limp.

Well, without really seeing you play it's really just a shot in the dark guess. If anything, typing this post has at least given me some practice at describing some poker ideas, which can't be too bad.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:24 PM

Hebel,

$22 shipped, you find whatever you wanna play (I'm not looking through all those satellites), when you pick something let me know. I get 25% if you cash, 25% goes to Children's Inc., rest is yours. Try not to suck.

Also lol donkaments