He just sat down, no reads

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG: $55.50
CO: $12.40
BTN: $24
SB: $20.55
Hero (BB): $53.55

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
3 folds, SB calls $0.15, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, SB calls $1

Flop: ($2.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.25</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.50</font>, SB calls $2.25

Turn: ($7.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $3.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7</font>, SB calls $3.50

River: ($21.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks,

???

2 hands later, same guy

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BTN: $14.65
SB: $54.50
BB: $12.15
UTG: $24.70
MP: $40.10
Hero (CO): $32.75

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="red">MP raises to $0.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.50</font>, 4 folds, MP calls $2

Flop: ($5.60) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $0.25</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.25</font>, MP calls $3

Turn: ($12.10) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $8.25</font>, MP calls $8.25

River: ($28.60) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, ???

what do I do on each river?
Old 10-05-2007, 02:33 PM

Default Re: 25NL same Villain, within 2 hands

first one check behind.

Second one bet for value.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:36 PM

First hand, check behind. Villian's turn bet is odd.

Second hand, I bet.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:09 PM

second hand - raise a lot more on the flop - maybe like 8-9
Old 10-05-2007, 03:10 PM

First hand check behind, but why the min-raise on the turn? Either I'm betting it up, or I'm calling with position. Not sure what a minraise accomplishes there.

Second hand, PUSH. You only have $18 left with a $28 pot. Anything else would look odd. Bet $8-10 and it screams CALL ME!!! Bet anymore and you might as well push. Check behind and you're leaving value on the table. That being said, I would have liked to see an $11 bet on the turn. It helps to discourage the draws on this board and it would have made a $34 pot, leaving you with only $15 behind and the push would seem like the only reasonable option. If he folds due to a missed draw, you also get more money from him.

*** good point also by the previous poster. ~$3 into a $5.60 pot is begging those draws to chase, when you should be punishing those draws. At this level they'll chase regardless, so make them pay. I would have made it $5, to make it appear like a normal C-Bet. Raising the flop more, also allows for a bigger and more reasonable turn bet, that still isn't pot sized, and makes the river shove even easier.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:14 PM

I agree with you all. check first hand bet second hand.

What do I do? lol. Push first one, check second.

I knew the first hand it was bad to push, but I did and was shown J9 for 2 pair. The second hand I was a little gunshy of his river check as it was what he did the first hand and I was scared of QK for the straight. As it stood, he had QJ for 2nd pair. I dunno if he would have called a river bet or not.

PS My min raise on the turn was simply to see if he would push giving me a free river card to check. lol, and yet I bet. not cool. Still learning ring games after sngs were my game of choice.

Thanks for the comments folks.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with you all. check first hand bet second hand.

What do I do? lol. Push first one, check second.

I knew the first hand it was bad to push, but I did and was shown J9 for 2 pair. The second hand I was a little gunshy of his river check as it was what he did the first hand and I was scared of QK for the straight. As it stood, he had QJ for 2nd pair. I dunno if he would have called a river bet or not.

PS My min raise on the turn was simply to see if he would push giving me a free river card to check. lol, and yet I bet. not cool. Still learning ring games after sngs were my game of choice.

Thanks for the comments folks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the results. The tilt factor is actually an important piece of information here. Its understandable that you might have reacted the way you did because everyone else has done it too. The difference is being able to use it to your advantage. Your shove on the first hand did nothing to build his confidence in you as a poker player. GOOD!! Nothing like people underestimating you.

When I donk off a hand and then catch a monster against the same person, I prefer to come at them just as hard as the first hand. To them it can look like frustration and can actually get them to call a hand they normally wouldn't. Put yourself in his shoes... you might think of it the same way too if you had seen what he just saw.