Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 06:13 AM

Default Re: lil wayne

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
His verse on the first Chamillionaire CD is what made me wish someone cut out his tongue.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fly as the Sky? I thought that verse was pretty decent even though I don't care for lil wayne that much. On the real Chamillionaire ripped that song on his second verse though.

Lil Wayne also had a decent verse on "Rock Star" off Ultimate Victory, have you picked up that cd?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. I like UV and Wayne is a bit better on it although I skip the whole song.

I hate the whole plane I bought a jet crap he rapped about.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think kanye is garbage. his flow is awful. i think he's a great producer and has some sick beats but as a rapper/lyricist i think he's way overrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is Kanye garbage? I'm sick of hearing this newly popular [censored]. His flow is mediocre, sure. He's not really that hood. But his clever rhymes, allusions and puns have got white girls clamoring for the music and the suburbs don't have to feel like wiggas to appreciate the music. He doesn't surprise you, but you know the rhymes are going to b completely on tempo and there's gonna be a good "gotcha" line in every song. He's still better than at least 75% of the garbage rappers that the "hood" feels.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have been trying to avoid thsi thread all day and finally caved.

Lil Wayne is [censored] horrible and if you like him you are making hip-hop suck and I am going to take that personally and say unkind things about you in the mod forum or something.

CDC,

Want to cry?

Jay-Z was supposed to be on that song, but didn't make it to the studio or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lil' Wayne is not about lyricism. I listen to Weezy because of his ridiculous flow (only Jay-Z has better IMO) and the way he just plays with sounds and words. He decomposes simple words into syllables, plays around and strings them together like different colored necklaces. It just sounds good. Trying to explore deeper into his music is a mistake.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:36 AM

kanye is not a better rapper than lil wayne. his beats and samples are amazing, and he has a few clever lines, but his flow just doesn't compare. i've never been sold on the game
Old 10-05-2007, 07:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think kanye is garbage. his flow is awful. i think he's a great producer and has some sick beats but as a rapper/lyricist i think he's way overrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:55 AM

saying he is garbage is a gross exaggeration.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:42 AM

"i saw hangar 18 at irving plaza and they were even more fat and out of breath than el-p. since none of their songs are above 50 beats per minute that is pretty impressive "

Umm... both Alaska and Windbreez have pretty ridic uptempo flows. When I saw them live, they were very impressive and umm... every song was more than 50 bpm.

Alaska is pretty fat though

(brag: he asked me for weighloss tips!)
Old 10-05-2007, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and to say that he's just jacking new york flows is ridiculous,all rap is an accumulation of what went before it,so with any rapper you can point to their predecessors and say that they're just ripping them off,but to suggest that lil wayne has brought nothing new to the table is insane...

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this a valid argument to a point. We wouldn't have JayZ if it wasn't for Biggie and some other rappers. We wouldn't have Nas if it wasn't for people like Kool G rap. We wouldn't have Eminem if it wasn't for Nas and AZ.

But you can't call someone the best alive if all he's done is taken someone elses style that's still in the game. To quote The clipse:
[ QUOTE ]
Malice: If you Wobble Dee Wobble Dee, you can’t be a legend.

Pusha T: You can’t kiss other men, you can’t wobble dee-wobble dee, and and you can’t bite styles. You can’t bite everybody’s styles. You can’t try to rap like Jay-Z, dress like the Clipse, become a coke dealer after 5 albums, and now dress like Jim Jones. You can’t do all that and be a legend. You have to be a trendsetter and he ain’t setting any trends.

[/ QUOTE ]
He's an above average MC, other then some out there funny punchlines he's not doing anything better then everyone else. He and his fans are just repeating the big lie a ton until people believe it.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and to say that he's just jacking new york flows is ridiculous,all rap is an accumulation of what went before it,so with any rapper you can point to their predecessors and say that they're just ripping them off,but to suggest that lil wayne has brought nothing new to the table is insane...

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this a valid argument to a point. We wouldn't have JayZ if it wasn't for Biggie and some other rappers. We wouldn't have Nas if it wasn't for people like Kool G rap. We wouldn't have Eminem if it wasn't for Nas and AZ.

But you can't call someone the best alive if all he's done is taken someone elses style that's still in the game. To quote The clipse:
[ QUOTE ]
Malice: If you Wobble Dee Wobble Dee, you can’t be a legend.

Pusha T: You can’t kiss other men, you can’t wobble dee-wobble dee, and and you can’t bite styles. You can’t bite everybody’s styles. You can’t try to rap like Jay-Z, dress like the Clipse, become a coke dealer after 5 albums, and now dress like Jim Jones. You can’t do all that and be a legend. You have to be a trendsetter and he ain’t setting any trends.

[/ QUOTE ]
He's an above average MC, other then some out there funny punchlines he's not doing anything better then everyone else. He and his fans are just repeating the big lie a ton until people believe it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with you on some points but the rapper-influenced by examples are way off.

nas and kool g? cmon now youre just name dropping. you meant rakim admit it, or atleast BDK

and em would have made it without nas or az.. em blew up cus of his battle tip if anything you can attest that to being influenced by chino xl
Old 10-05-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he shouldn't be considered top 10 MC's out right now skills wise.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this is a stretch. who do you have in mind?

[/ QUOTE ]
Off the top of my head and in no particular order Nas, Jay, Bun B, Andre 3000, Immortal Tech, Common, Talib Kweli, Lupe Fiasco, Jadakiss, Chamillionaire, Ya Boy, Joe Budden, Saigon, Pharoah Monch, Devin the Dude, Ghostface, Rhymefest, Z-ro, and Royce da 5'9 are all ahead of him IMO.