Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 08:38 PM

Default Re: just found out i\'m down 20k LONG (with cliff notes)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i didn't read much of this thread, but i'm in law school; i wish i only had 20k in debt (when it's all said and done, it will be like 4 or 5 times that).

[/ QUOTE ]

hahah yeah...20k in debt. Not many are as lucky as the poster as 20k in college loans is a jopke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, how many more people are going to miss the point of this thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

also this is just undergrad... if i wish to go to grad school i will be forced to take out additional loans as well
Old 08-06-2007, 09:48 PM

I totally feel for you, OP. I think it's obvious that you made mistakes in this process, which you don't deny. However, my dad would never pull this on me, and I can't believe someone would do this to their kid.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:45 AM

I'd still like to know what you would have done had you known about it. What would have changed? I doubt you would have saved money to pay it off or something, since you're whining so much about this. If nothing would have changed, why does it really matter? What are these great plans you had that are now foiled, which if you had known about, would have come to fruitation?

Look, maybe if you didn't preface all this about how great your parents are and what a wonderful life you've had financially and then end with "Wow my dad is so f'd up he secretly made me pay 20k for college". You're asking for people to take pity on something that everyone deals with on a larger scale. It's like if I told you I dropped $1000 on the street and feel bad for me. If i didn't say anything else, you probably would feel bad for me. However if Bill Gates said he dropped $500, he'd be getting the type of responses you're getting.

You can't tell people to look at one isolated point if you're going to preface it with all these other facts, which put you in a better situation than like 99.9% of the people in this world. This post might sound resentful, and maybe it is I don't know (I certainly didn't grow up anywhere near rich), but you do realize that your OP would be a huge brag for a lot of people, but to you it's the biggest beat ever?
Old 08-07-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you do realize that your OP would be a huge brag for a lot of people, but to you it's the biggest beat ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

The point of the OP was that his dad basically tricked him into paying 20k. That is nothing to brag about.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:12 PM

What's the big [censored] deal? $20k consolidated to 30 years will be like $200/month max. That's practically nothing.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you do realize that your OP would be a huge brag for a lot of people, but to you it's the biggest beat ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

The point of the OP was that his dad basically tricked him into paying 20k. That is nothing to brag about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tricked or forced if he was poor, does it matter? Either way he has to pay it. Except he has a million dollar house to live in and more spending money than most kids without jobs do. My point is that it would be a brag to all the poor kids who are 80k+ in debt or those kids that are 80k+ in debt AND had to work all of college just to get the minimum payments in on time.