Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2007, 01:45 AM

Default Re: ***ELIMINATION NIGHT - TOP 12 3/8/2007 OFFICIAL THREAD***

Guys... It has been stated a million times that dialidol is not exact especially in the early going it will be more helpful the further into the competition we get but it is not 100% accurate.. Also it doesn't account for text message votes and if anyone remembers last year McPhee obviously had a huge texting voting population because of her top 3 fininshes in relation to what dialidol was telling us.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
.i would not be surprised if he goes deep, since good singing is no longer a criteria.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, now that Sundance and Antonella are gone, VFTW will now be voting for Sanjaya. That will probably get him a couple extra spots. (More importantly, it will probably piss off Simon)
Old 03-09-2007, 06:31 AM

So... Antonella, Sabrina, Sundance and Jared are the ones out, right?
Old 03-09-2007, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so much for it being a singing contest, the fact that sanjaya( whose is probably the worst finalist EVER on idol)is winning the popularity vote with the teeny-boppers which is a large segment of the show...i would not be surprised if he goes deep, since good singing is no longer a criteria...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sanjaya was among the six best guys purely in terms of his singing voice. He's actually near the top in terms of being on consistantly on-pitch over the three weeks, while Sundance was probably the worst of the final 12. Sanjaya is just by far the worst performer.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:25 AM

I'm no fan of Sanjaya but I think he sang better than either Sundance or Phil. I don't really see it as "shocking" that Sundance went home after all his crap performances.

LOL at the "Lakisha and Melinda have peaked" comments. It's not a horserace where the pacesetter gets tired down the stretch. It's a singing contest. Some people have the undeniable talent and some don't. The great singers aren't going to forget how to sing, and the crappy singers aren't going to suddenly develop great voices in a few weeks.

Only possible danger I can see for Melinda/Lakisha is votesplitting. But I think their combined vote totals will be so much higher than everyone else's it won't matter.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the fact that sanjaya( whose is probably the worst finalist EVER on idol)

[/ QUOTE ]

In terms of singing that distinction is clearly held by the goat girl Carmen Rasmussen.

Girl would've booed out of a karoake bar.

But she was young, skinny, and blond, so I guess she wins points on that over Sanja
Old 03-09-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This tradition of the eliminated singing has always been hilarious to me. America voted, they don't want to see you anymore, and you're probably an emotional wreck. How about singing immediately for us?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only do they sing again... they sing the song that got them booted. "Boy, that was a terrible song choice for you. You really butchered it. ENCORE!"
Old 03-09-2007, 01:37 PM

My thoughts-

Haley over Sabrina was a huge shock to me. I really didn't get that one.

Antonella's booting was long coming. Obvious.

I think though the Sanjaya/Sundance thing still counts as a shocker. I do think Sundance was biting but he had moments. And clearly he has a stronger voice then Sanjaya even if he blew it a few times.

I hated his Pearl Jam song choice. That being said, I thought he performed it better last night then Tuesday night.

Overall though... Sanjaya and Antonella were the only two who absolutely should have been gone. America got it half right.

I would think that Haley and Sanjaya have to be the next two gone. But then, the fact that Sanjaya is still here makes me doubt that...
Old 03-09-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My thoughts-

Haley over Sabrina was a huge shock to me. I really didn't get that one.

Antonella's booting was long coming. Obvious.

I think though the Sanjaya/Sundance thing still counts as a shocker. I do think Sundance was biting but he had moments. And clearly he has a stronger voice then Sanjaya even if he blew it a few times.

I hated his Pearl Jam song choice. That being said, I thought he performed it better last night then Tuesday night.

Overall though... Sanjaya and Antonella were the only two who absolutely should have been gone. America got it half right.

I would think that Haley and Sanjaya have to be the next two gone. But then, the fact that Sanjaya is still here makes me doubt that...

[/ QUOTE ]

I’m thinking Sabrina and Haley was the real bottom 2. Sabrina was fighting against Lakisha, Melinda, Stephanie and Jordin for votes. She was the ‘worst’ of the divas so I’m not really that surprised that she left.

There’s no way in hell anyone can make me believe that Haley got more votes than Antonella though. None. Haley has been horrible since the start, putting weak, bland performances void of any shred of personality or gumption. Who and why would anyone vote for her? The only thing I can see is pissed off people who were mad at Simon for his comments to her, but I doubt these people would have overtaken Antonella’s fan base. I really believe the producers stepped in and decided to push Antonella out to get rid of the picture scandal.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are 5 singers left that IMO are interchangably mediocre (Haley, Sanjaya, Phil, Brandon, Gina) so it's hard to say who should get the boot next. Personally I've enjoyed Sanjaya's singing better than any of those other 4.

I know the kid has zero stage presence, but I think he's being slammed a little too much. His voice is not great but it's nice. I can't understand why the judges looked so outraged, as if Sundance had been singing so great. He sang worse than Sanjaya and deserved the boot.