Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2007, 05:37 AM

Default Interesting TP10K hand live tourney

Played in a live tourney recently, entry was by winning any of the cash games played in the last month, entry from $11-55. 160 entrants, 8 tables, shootout, 3 from each table advance.

I read up and thought everyone would be playing too tight, which they were, so yours truly began to run over the table early on. Betting in position, oop on good bluffing flops, and folded to a reraise once (when i had nothing) I had won all my pots pf or on flop, no hands shown down.

Villain had been looking at me, and I knew that he knew that i was stealing, and he was gonna be the sherriff.

Then I caught a bit of the flop for the first time!

Blinds 50/100

Villain 2000, Hero 2500

VIllain in mp calls, sb calls,
I am in sb with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Flop (350) Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Sb checks, i bet 200, villain calls, sb folds.

Turn (750) 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I thought i would lead out to see where i am, particularly as i thought he would float, my intention is to fold to a rr, and shut down if called. I have tp, and a vvvvv weak diamond flush draw.

Villain calls. River is a brick, not a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

River (1350) I check, villain bets 250, i make a crying call.

Thoughts?
Old 03-05-2007, 06:50 AM

Default Re: Interesting TP10K hand live tourney

bump

Im never quite sure how to play these weak offsuit tp or middle pair hands.

Any help?
Old 03-05-2007, 07:05 AM

PF- standard (but you've got a typo- you're the BB)

F- standard.

turn - not sure what you did? bet $300? that seems reasonable. he could be on a draw or he might have just ace high or middle pair. He probably doesn't think he needs much to beat you.

river - the call is fine. it might be a blocking bet or a value bet. you only have TP, no reason to get frisky. let him see that you really do have something sometimes.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:21 AM

On the flop: Why not lead out with a larger bet, say 300. You often have the best hand here. Let him think twice before floating on you.

On the turn: The most difficult street, I think. I'm not sure what to do here; a small bet seems weak to him, a large bet is to risky. Also, if he had a FD it just got there. I think checking and calling a not-too-large bet (say, 600 or smaller) is best. By betting, villain will call with most hands that beat ours, but fold most hands that we beat. By checking and calling, we give him a chance to bet hands like middle pair.

On the river: Villains betting pattern doesn't seem like a one or two pair hand. If he had one of those, he would have raised somewhere along the way. I think he has a set or a flush quite often here. However, you only have to pay 250 to find out, so call.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:26 AM

Yeah, i bet about half pot on turn, was going to fold to a raise.

Normally i would have check called it, but this guy had the sherriff thing in his mind.

But sometimes the sherriffs have the goods......