Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2007, 09:00 PM

Default Sexual Double Standards (female input would be greatly appreciated)

So I'm walking down a city street with my friend the other day. We're both early twenty somethings, it's mid afternoon and it's a very nice day (t-shirt/summer dress type weather) Three girls pass by in the opposite direction. They're very young (my guess would be 14-15), and, imho, incredibly cute. I do a double-take and get another look, then make a comment to my friend. His reaction is "dude, seriously, those girls are like 14! Don't you think that's kind of sick?"

I'm sorry, I don't see how being attracted to an early teenager should be considered sick. These girls were clearly all post-menstrual, which from an evolutionary perspective is the point in time when animals start doing their thing. And it's not like humans are a special case; human males have been knocking up fourteen year olds since our speciation. It was actually quite common during all but the last few centuries. And it makes perfect sense. Male bodies and female bodies experience puberty (the dawning of adulthood, which accompanies hormonal urges) at roughly the same age. I, personally, was pretty horny when I was that age, and I can't imagine how, saving an awful lot of social conditioning, the average teenage female wouldn't be either.

Yet somehow, there are a lot of double standards. If we heard that a male schoolteacher, let's say age 24 and reasonably good-looking, fornicated with a 14 year old girl, most of us would probably think that he was a criminal, had done something horrible and probably psychologically scarred her badly. Even I'd be inclined to intuit that...mainly because I have no idea what it's like to be a woman. However, when it happens the other way (like when Debra LaFave committed statutory rape), I think that about 9 out of 10 guys that I talked to thought that that kid was a lucky little bastard, and that she should be allowed to stay in school so she could introduce more guys into manhood. That doesn't make sense though; why is an older man with a younger girl necessarily an atrocity while an older woman with a younger man is niiiiice?

(I actually have some personal experience in this area. When I was 19, I was dating a 43 year old woman. I told my dad and his girlfriend about it. My dad thought it was awesome and told me to have fun, but his girlfriend freaked out about it. "How could you let this happen? What if a 43 year old man was going out with your daughter?" My dad said he'd quickly have that guy put behind bars, but also that there is a huge double standard here.)

So why is this double standard there? Is it biological somehow, or are nearly all girls just told from a young age that sex is such a horrible experience that it becomes traumatic when they're prepared for it? I don't understand why this standard exists.

CLIFF NOTES: given the congruity of sexual maturation rates between men and women, why is there a sexual double standard that holds sex with young (pubescent) females to be criminally traumatizing, yet sex with young (pubescent) males to be cool?

Mods: I posted this in OOT just because I can't think of any other forum that has any female posters that I know of, and I wanted to get a woman's input on the matter. If you feel it should be moved to a different forum, go ahead.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:08 PM

Default Re: Sexual Double Standards (female input would be greatly appreciated)

Humbert,

Sexual maturation isn't the same as basic maturation. 14 year olds are idiots and adults shouldn't be trying to bone them.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:12 PM

didnt read the whole thing but sounds like ur a pedo and cant come to terms with it. sick [censored].
Old 03-31-2007, 09:18 PM

Default Re: Sexual Double Standards (female input would be greatly appreciated

Yeah what it really comes down to is that sexual/physical maturation occurs a lot sooner than emotional.

So this means that you having sexual attraction response to a 15 yr old is fine, doesn't make you a pervert. A lot of 15 yr olds have gone through puberty, have womanly shapes, and possess a very innocent quality which many men find endearing.

Acting on this simple attraction makes you a pedo, however.

This is because kids are dumb. I mean this could apply to 18 yr old girls too, because theyre pretty dumb, but you gotta set the cutoff point somewhere. 14 year olds really just don't know how to handle their emotions and sex at that age, particularly with an adult, can have life-long traumatic results.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
given the congruity of sexual maturation rates between men and women, why is there a sexual double standard that holds sex with young (pubescent) females to be criminally traumatizing, yet sex with young (pubescent) males to be cool?

[/ QUOTE ]
If a an adult male nails a 13 yr old girl he should be locked up. If he nails a 13 yr old boy he is exploiting him, and should be locked up.

A woman can get away with nailing a 13 yr old boy because every guy knows he wanted it bad at 13, and it wouldn't have messed him up at all to have some attractive teacher riding him.

Woman on girl is a grey area.

Basically society thinks men are predators, and women can't be. The sex of the adult is the primary reason behind the double standard. It is simple stereotyping because men do commit the vast majority of rapes/assaults, and are generally more sexually aggressive.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is because kids are dumb. I mean this could apply to 18 yr old girls too, because theyre pretty dumb, but you gotta set the cutoff point somewhere. 14 year olds really just don't know how to handle their emotions and sex at that age, particularly with an adult, can have life-long traumatic results.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you believe that a hot 24 year old female teacher will scar a 14 year old boy by having sex with him? I can't see how it would do anything except give him a great time and make him a man among boys.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you believe that a hot 24 year old female teacher will scar a 14 year old boy by having sex with him? I can't see how it would do anything except give him a great time and make him a man among boys.

[/ QUOTE ]

dont try to justify your sick perversions, just try to handle yourself.

just because *YOU* THINK it doesnt do anything, doesnt mean anything. we have laws for a reason.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:24 PM

We do have laws for reasons. Many of the reasons are retarded and based on false beliefs however [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2007, 09:27 PM

Oh shut up, I haven't done anything illegal. I wouldn't even bother with high school girls since I know there's going to be epic amounts of drama.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:29 PM

I'm only 21 and feel bad looking at a 14-15 year old in a sexual manner... I try as hard as I can to ignore them. If I notice a young teenager as sexy or what-have-you, I feel like a creep.

I'm guessing most everyone else is like this?