Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2007, 10:46 PM

Default Dealer deals the turn before action is complete

1/2 NL at Borgata. I have the button with 98s. There is a raise to $10 MP, 2 callers, I call on the button because I love playing on the button and I love suited connectors. Flop Comes T52 rainbow(or something like that). 3 checks, I sit there for maybe 5 seconds thinking about how much I can bet to take away this pot, then the dealer deals the turn card. I tell him I haven't acted yet. He says "everyone checked". He obviously wasn't paying close attention because I didn't do anything that could've been interpreted as a check. I guess there's nothing I can do at this point, right?
Old 02-16-2007, 11:03 PM

Default Re: Dealer deals the turn before action is complete

No, you can again say you did not act yet, and try to bet. (the turn card should be put back into the deck, shuffled, you bet, and then after action, a new turn is shown).
But what will happen is someone will claim that you made a check motion, and about 3 other donkeys will jump in and claim to have seen it too.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:35 PM

Check?
Old 02-17-2007, 06:59 AM

Actually if you insist on your right to bet, you can. Then, (at the Borgata) the turn card will be set aside and the deck burned and turned to display the natural river card as the turn card. Then the set aside card is shuffled back into the deck and the new river is dealt without a burn(assuming of course that it is necessary).
Old 02-17-2007, 07:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess there's nothing I can do at this point, right?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you truly intend to bet, insist that the floor be called. Otherwise just check, right?

[ QUOTE ]
Actually if you insist on your right to bet, you can. Then, (at the Borgata) the turn card will be set aside and the deck burned and turned to display the natural river card as the turn card. Then the set aside card is shuffled back into the deck and the new river is dealt without a burn(assuming of course that it is necessary).

[/ QUOTE ]
The standard fix for an early turn.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1/2 NL at Borgata. I have the button with 98s. There is a raise to $10 MP, 2 callers, I call on the button because I love playing on the button and I love suited connectors. Flop Comes T52 rainbow(or something like that). 3 checks, I sit there for maybe 5 seconds thinking about how much I can bet to take away this pot, then the dealer deals the turn card. I tell him I haven't acted yet. He says "everyone checked". He obviously wasn't paying close attention because I didn't do anything that could've been interpreted as a check. I guess there's nothing I can do at this point, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

As others have mentioned you can call the floor. Of course once/if you get him to agree that you didn't act the turn card that did come is shuffled back in so you probably won't see it again. Of course if you like the early turn card (I'm speaking of the situation generically) the standard LA angle (I don't call it "City of Angles" for nothing) is to just pretend nothing has happened and get your money in on the turn with the card you like.

Of course if you are last to act and you really do need time it's best and right to call "time" but then you can't work in the angle.

~ Rick