Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 10:13 AM

Default KT gets teh road rage - TR

I was having a bad day. Crap at work, crap at home. I was mfing tired last night when someone in a Saab cut me off in a rotary. I drive a large pickup - which doesn't stop on a dime. I had to slam on the brakes, ABS a-flutter, rear end slides out into a fishtail, even though I was barely going more than 25 mph.

MA law gives the "right of way" to vehicles in the roundabout. The Saab douche sped up and was going around 40 as he attempted to beat me through the rotary.

I was entering at 6:00 and proceeding to exit at 12:00. He was entering at 3:00. I was past the midpoint of the rotary when I first noticed this speeding car flying into the intersection. I jammed the brakes, skidded, and leaned on the horn.

He flipped me off. I was instantly rip [censored].

Rather than shake it off like a rational human being, I gunned it and followed Mr. Saab with my brights on. At a stop light I pulled next to him and shouted obscenities about how I hoped he would die in a fire, etc. When the light turned green he sat there, as did I. Then he sped off and I followed.

I followed him for 5 miles. He eventually pulled into a coffee shop and I had calmed down enough to turn around and head home.

Couldn't sleep last night because I was so ashamed of my actions. I think I scared Mr. Saab pretty good, but I'm sure he'll still be a douche when he gets behind the wheel today.

I can't recall the last time some idiot on the road pissed me off to such an extent. Obviously I was tilting for other reasons and this bastard just prodded me over the edge.

So, mea culpa. Let's hear some of your road rage stories.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:24 AM

Default Re: KT gets teh road rage - TR

I had a verbal run-in with a female driver Friday after a near accident on campus.

After my close call, I pulled my car over to the curb and got out.

I then approached the other vehicle and shook my finger at the driver. I warned her to, "Watch it."

"Be careful," I said. "I have your license number, and I will call the police on you."

A male passenger then walked up and chastised me, saying, "That's my wife you're talking to."

I said, "That's your problem."

The woman then snapped back at me, telling me, "I'm going to call the police on you."

I told the woman to go ahead.

She did just that.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:28 AM

I'm with my ex driving on a two lane highway in the mountains. Guy overtakes me, but he doesn't. He just sits there side by side with us while he's talking on the phone. We're doing about 45 miles an hour I suppose. I lean on the horn and give him the WTF are you doing?? display. He totally ignores us, continues talking. I slow down, he slows down. I speed up, he speeds up. At this stage I go fecking batshit and proceed to fake sideswiping his car. He pulls out a revolver and waves it back and forth in a "shake your finger at someone style", while still talking on the phone. Then he cuts across the front of us and takes an exit on the right. I had to brake hard to avoid him. Freaky.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
She did just that.

[/ QUOTE ]

and....??
Old 10-11-2007, 11:36 AM

Somebody please explain to me wtf this rotary thing you people have on the East Coast. It sounds like a fantastic way to die.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A male passenger then walked up and chastised me, saying, "That's my wife you're talking to."

I said, "That's your problem."

[/ QUOTE ]
This made me laugh out loud.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:42 AM

Saab = Yambag is a fairly standard equation.

Don't feel bad. you did nothing more than let an ass know that not everyone is going to put up with his douchebaggery.

I also bet he didn't want a donut at the coffee shop when he stopped. He wanted other people around so he wouldn't get messed up.

Most of my RR comes from people being inconsiderate of everyone around them.

-rotary moves like you describe
-going straight in the left-only lane and holding up everyone behind you for an entire light
-57 in the fast lane
-stopping and waving umpteen cars through in front of you when you have a line of cars behind you and you should just be freaking driving and not being Mrs. [censored] Traffic Cop
- passing on the right on the highway, especially the far right

just general ignorance stuff like that

worst for me: some soccer mom flipped me off one day on the highway because I made her get out of the third lane and would not pass her on the right doing about 62. As I'm finally passing her and not even letting her know what dumbass she is, I see her flippng me off out of the corner of my eye.

I immediate slowed down and got in front of her and motioned for her to come on up so I can see that cute little finger of hers again.

I eventually idled to around 25 mph with her [censored] her pants behind me trying to get seperation. I finally saw her put up her hands like "OK, OK, I shouldn't have flipped you off..." in the rear view and I drove away.

Much like you, I felt horrible immediately afterwards, but damn it, soccer moms in minivans shouldn't be flipping off strange men on the highway.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:43 AM

rotaries. because east coasters can't figure out how to use 4 way stop signs.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:48 AM

I was heading home after work and entered the beltine (which is sort of like a freeway that circles our city). It was raining, dark, and traffic was moving very slowly. After I merged into traffic I signaled and moved to the left-most lane. As I did that the driver behind me in the left lane unsuccessfully tried speeding up to cut me off so that I couldn't move over.

After I moved over the driver started flashing the brights, honking, and started tailgating. Traffic thinned out, we sped up to about 55 mpg and the driver kept tailgating. I signaled before my exit, moved over, and exited. The driver followed my every move.

I took a country road towards my home and stopped at a convenience store to get some milk. The car pulled behind me and a screaming woman got out. I immediately snapped her pic with my camera phone and then walked to the front of her car and snapped a pic of her license plate. That sent her off the deep end and she kept screaming about how I endangered her and her two babies that she had in the back seat.

I pointed out that if that was her concern I'm surprised she followed a stranger out into the country, in the dark, just to go on a rant. I should point out that she was a real babe, by the way. She eventually left after I went into the store.

End of story is that I ran into her the next morning at our ski club when we were both there to sign our kids up for lessons. I see her all the time now. Not cool.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

-57 in the fast lane
- passing on the right on the highway, especially the far right

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes you need to pass on the right.

I live in Oregon. The drivers here are clueless. All I really do is mean mug them at the next light. I try not to do anything while the cars are in motion. I don't want to be that douche that causes an accident that pisses me off because I have to wait in traffic.