Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Review of cover design

sorry, let me clarify. i did not open AA/KK every time for 6xBB over that sample size. I did so probably 25% to 35% of the time (I'm at work, no PT), just to see if it works. It didn't. Opening for 6xBB raise sticks out like a sore thumb online (even the fish wouldn't call). So, yeah, 72o suddenly has value [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyways, I understand what the book (at least the 2+2 article) is getting at and I appreciate the insight. I was just posting my limited experience for whatever it's worth. Again, looking forward to the book.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:00 PM

Not to hijack the thread, but . . .

I have a friend who makes it $140 to go in a 5-5 NL game with AA, KK and 32. And he announces that to the table. He's known for it. So, when you have QQ-TT or AK or even KK, you have a decision to make.

Personally, I don't know if he raises 140 with all the combinations of 32 every time, but he has to include some 32 offsuit combos to make it look like he plays all 16 combos.

When they call with AK or an overpair and he sucks out with 32, it really puts them on tilt.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:13 PM

so when they get aa or kk they call because most likely your friend has 32 right? then they fold everything else because your friend most likely has aa or kk. and i think your friend most suck out a lot with 32 against aa or kk right? your friend plays much like many idiots on poker stars.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:15 PM

Location: coaching poker and writing \"Professional No-Limit Hold\'em\" for Two Plus Two Publishing with Matt Flynn and Ed Miller
Default Re: Professional No-Limit Hold \'em Volume 1 Review Thread

FYI, if you haven't seen it, y'all should check out the thread in the SSNL forum....

link
Old 07-25-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FYI, if you haven't seen it, y'all should check out the thread in the SSNL forum....

link

[/ QUOTE ]

That thread was just added to my Favorites.

Thanks Sunnny! In so many ways!
Old 07-25-2007, 03:53 PM

OMG I ordered the book yesterday and can't wait to start reading it. I have special place cleared out for it next to my toilet (no offense intended...)

I've been stuck in TAG/ABC style for a while and have lately been experimenting with different approaches (creating images/LAG/etc.) and I think this book is coming at the perfect time for me.

Can't wait to learn about SPR and committment (in regards to poker, not women...)

-G
Old 07-25-2007, 03:55 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

[ QUOTE ]

link

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it amazing that many of the posters in that thread have already decided what you book is about prior to ever reading it. Reminds me why I usually avoid the strategy forums. If short stack players are such horrible donks, why do they hate them so much?
Old 07-25-2007, 04:42 PM

i know this is only for reviews...and this isn't a review so forgive me...

when will this book be in b&N?
Old 07-25-2007, 05:05 PM

Location: coaching poker and writing \"Professional No-Limit Hold\'em\" for Two Plus Two Publishing with Matt Flynn and Ed Miller

[ QUOTE ]

I find it amazing that many of the posters in that thread have already decided what you book is about prior to ever reading it. Reminds me why I usually avoid the strategy forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi steamboatin,

yeah, negativity and close-mindedness can be a vicious cycle, so Matt and I are really trying to infuse positivity and respect no matter what. The strat forums are at their very best when people are critical and honest, but not nasty and judgmental. We're all here to learn!
Old 07-25-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If short stack players are such horrible donks, why do they hate them so much?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play much NL, so grain of salt: It's not the shortstacking, it's the ratholing/hit-n-running.